Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread - enjoy a soft and delicious pumpkin bread with a cinnamon cream cheese spread on chilly fall days.
Happy Labor Day! Let's make pumpkin bread!
I know, I know. It's technicaly still summer but I am sooooo ready for fall! I want apple cakes, banana muffins and pumpkin bread! Cinnamon and cloves spreading their scent through the house!! Actually enjoying the hot cup of coffee on a chilly morning!!!
Can you tell I am ready for fall? 🙂
Last week the internet has been divided into two fronts: it's-still-summer-bring-on-the-ice-cream front and we-are-done-with-summer-bring-on-the-pumpkin front. While we enjoyed summer treats and dishes here, I have to say I am ready for fall! I am a baker and this hot summer has been keeping my oven under a lock. I am looking forward to chilly weather, sweaters, boots, scarves. I'm ready for my Hubby's chili (the best in the whole world!), quick breads, muffins, coffee cakes and homemade hot lattes.
I love this bread as much as my recent Whole Wheat Banana Bread. It's as easy to make and fantastic with a cup of hot coffee.
If you saw my Pumpkin Cake from last week, you may recognize this spread. I love the frosting on the cake so much that I made it again and used it as a spread on this fabulous bread. Good decision indeed!
Pumpkin bread cinnamon cream cheese
!for the bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup oil (canola, vegetable or coconut)
- ¼ cup plain or Greek yogurt (you can also use sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
!for the spread:
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla mixture
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
!to make the bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9" by 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon).
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, oil, yogurt, vanilla and eggs). Add sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Cool the bread in the pan to room temperature. Place on a cutting board, slice and serve.
- To freeze: wrap tightly in plastic wrap, place in a ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
!to make the spread:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until mixed well and smooth.