No Bake Energy Bites – quick and easy bites packed with oats, peanut butter, flaxseed, coconut and honey. Great healthy, no-bake snack recipe!
NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
These little bites are my favorite solution. Knowing how much my kids love my Homemade Chewy Granola Bars, I knew that these bites would be a hit as well. They are easy to make (actually the kids can make them themselves!), don’t take much space in a lunchbox and are so fun to pop in! All you need to do is mix all of the ingredients together and roll into balls. You can play with the recipe and use ingredients you like.
How to make Energy Bites?
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together honey, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Shape mixture into about 25 balls, using a 1 and 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop. It helps to dampen hands for rolling, so the mixture won’t stick.
Chill bites for 30 minutes or until set.
Keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Peanut Butter Energy Bites Ingredients (your shopping list):
- old-fashioned oats
- unsweetened coconut
- ground flaxseed (optional)
- mini chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
Energy Bites variations:
- chocolate mint: add cocoa powder and peppermint extract to energy bites mixture.
- white chocolate and berries: add white chocolate chips and dehydrated berries to the mixture.
- almond: use almond butter in place of peanut butter.
- high protein: add protein powder to the energy balls mixture.
Are energy bites good for you?
Energy bites are a healthy snack option because they are packed with oats, flaxseed (a fantastic source of omega-3 fatty acids) and nut butter (another great source of protein).
Can you freeze energy bites?
Yes, you can make a large batch of these peanut butter energy bites, place them in freezer bag and place in freezer for up to 3 months.
MORE RECIPES WITH OATS:
If you make one of my recipes, share it on INSTAGRAM and tag me @crunchycreamysweet ! I would love to see what’s happening in your kitchen! See you there!
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together honey, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Shape mixture into about 25 balls, using a 1 and 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop. It helps to dampen hands for rolling, so the mixture won't stick.
- Chill bites for 30 minutes or until set.
- Keep in air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
This recipe was originally published on September 7th, 2014 and updated on June 2nd. 2019.