Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars - another fantastic version of our favorite no-bake granola bars! Because everybody loves peanut butter and chocolate combo!
One of the sweet sides of having this blog is connecting with people. I connect with my readers and other bloggers on a daily basis. You leave comments, ask questions and also leave suggestions or your own ideas for versions of the recipes. That's how this recipe started. Last year, I shared my favorite recipe for Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars. I still make them at least once a month because we love them! And so do many of you! You left comments and raved about them and that makes me so happy! It always makes my day to hear that someone made one of my recipes and loved it!
I've made this peanut butter version of the granola bars few times since a conversation with one of my readers (hi @wmakini!!) on the original post. I am so glad I did! Now we have two version of a super simple granola bar recipe! Variety never hurts, especially when it comes to great recipes that everyone can enjoy!
This version is still chewy but firmer - just like my reader reported. My kids loved these bars even more than the original version but that's probably because they could peanut butter every day, all the time! Sometimes I think that if Santa brought them huge jars of peanut butter - they would be the best presents! 🙂
These bars are so good! For me the chewy factor is super important when it comes to granola bars. And these bars are chewy! They are a perfect addition to lunchboxes or simply as treats to grab on the go when the day is busy. I hope you will try this version as well and enjoy it! And of course let me know what you think about it!
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 3 and ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate small chunks or mini chips
- ¾ cup raisins
- Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, rice cereal and raisins.
- Place butter, peanut butter, honey and brown sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sugar dissolves. Stir often.
- Take of the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal. Stir with a wooden spoon or a spatula to coat the cereal evenly.
- Scrape the cereal-honey mixture into the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate. Press evenly onto the pan.
- Press firmly with a metal spatula.
- Let set for at least 2 hour.
- Cut into 12 to 14 bars. Wrap bars in parchment paper.
Peanut Butter No-Bake Energy Bites
Liz Della Croce says
These look so good!!
Thank you, Liz! 🙂
Jennie @themessybakerblog says
If one granola bar recipe is good, then 2 is even better. These look delicious.
I have got to make these. Jordan would inhale them!
Kids love these bars! Thanks, Dorothy!
Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe says
I could totally peanut butter all day every day too. These look great!
Aimee Shugarman says
These look fantastic. Your photos are stunning 🙂
Awww, thank you, Aimee!
I'm always looking for healthy but delicious snacks that are easy to bring on-the-go... Plus, these granola are so pretty!