Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are the best way to eat oatmeal! Made with oats, banana, peanut butter, flax seeds, brown sugar and milk and set in the fridge for the night. Great healthy breakfast idea for busy days!
We all know oatmeal is good for us but how many times do you dread the soggy, hot oats? Yes! Me too! The overnight oats idea is taking over the internets and I am here to tell you that you need to hop on this wagon ASAP. This is the best and healthy way to eat oatmeal.
This overnight idea of adding bananas, peanut butter and any other add-ons you like to a jar along with the oats and milk and letting them set and "cook" overnight - that is the best!
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are simply old-fashioned oats, mixed with milk (or yogurt) and add-ons of choice, all assembled in a jar, then set in the fridge for the night. It's a simple, healthy and delicious way to enjoy oatmeal without cooking.
The oats are actually ready in about 2 hours, but the idea of prepping the breakfast the night before and having a jar of delicious oats in the morning is a time-saver!
- Start by layering ingredients in a jar, with oats at the bottom.
- Add liquid last (milk, yogurt or water).
- Stir well, cover the jar and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, to overnight.
- old-fashioned rolled oats
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- flax seeds (optional)
Do you eat overnight oats hot or cold?
You can eat the overnight oats straight from the jar or pour them into a bowl. You can eat them fridge cold or heat up to your likings, in the microwave.
- yogurt in place of milk: for a creamier texture, use Greek yogurt (or any you like) instead of milk.
- honey: sweeten the oats with honey or maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
- vegan: use almond milk or even simply water to make a dairy-free version
- nut butter: you can use any nut butter you like in this recipe, even chunky peanut butter.
- chocolate version: add cocoa powder to oats and stir well with liquid before setting in the fridge.
More recipes with oats:
- Easy Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Oatmeal Carrot Cookies
- 3-Ingredients Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Smoothie
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 3/4 cup rolled oats old fashioned
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons flax seeds optional
- 3/4 cup milk any kind you like with your cereal
- Layer all ingredients in a mason jar, starting with the oats.
- Add milk last.
- Place lid on jar and shake well to combine the ingredients.
- Place jar in fridge for overnight.
- Enjoy in the morning!