This copycat recipe of Chick-fil-A Sauce is spot on! Sweet, tangy and perfect with fries or nuggets. You only need 5 ingredients to make it from scratch!
I always have a ton of fun re-creating our favorite restaurant dishes. My KFC Coleslaw copycat is the prime example. We never buy it anymore. I know what goes in and I can adjust it to our likings. No secret ingredients, no flavorings, just simple pantry staples.
This Chick-fil-A copycat sauce is quite spot on when it comes to texture and flavors. My family agrees! We enjoy it with waffle fries, chicken nuggets, fish sticks or even on burgers! It’s a perfect dipping sauce and a fun one to make.
Besides, once I realized how easy it is to make, there was no going back. I always have the ingredients on hand so I can whip up this sauce anytime!
- yellow mustard
- BBQ sauce
- lemon juice
How to make Chick-fil-A sauce at home from scratch?
- Start by gathering ingredients and measuring cups.
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes so the flavors can combine.
How long does it last?
If you don’t eat it all at once, store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Stir before serving.
Can I make it without mayo?
If you want to avoid mayo, you can try plain Greek yogurt. Also, unflavored (no garlic) hummus may work too. You just need a creamy base that is mild in flavor.
More sauce and dip recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Appetizer category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
This copycat recipe of Chick-fil-A Sauce is spot on! Sweet, tangy and perfect with fries or nuggets. You only need 5 ingredients to make it from scratch! Serve it with French fries or chicken nuggets for a homemade version of your favorite fast food!
- ½ cup mayonnaise I used olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce I used Kansas City style
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey see note
Gather all of the ingredients and measuring cups.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir mayo with lemon juice and mustard.
Add honey and BBQ sauce and stir in until everything is well mixed.
Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- If you don't have honey or can't use it, mix 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar with 2 to 3 teaspoons of hot water and stir until sugar dissolves. Add to remaining ingredients. I believe agave syrup can be used as well.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.