Tartar Sauce from Scratch is perfect for fish sticks, fish fillets and other seafood dishes. It’s creamy, delicious and so much better than the store-bought kind!
HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE
is with this super easy and quick to make Tartar Sauce from scratch. It only requires a handful of ingredients that most likely you already have on hand. Simply stir mayo, lemon juice, chopped dill pickle, fresh dill, onion powder, salt and pepper and you are done! Forget the store-bought kind in a bottle, and make this delicious, creamy Tartar Sauce in minutes!
What do you need to make Tartar Sauce:
- fresh or dried dill
- dill pickles
- capers (I skipped them)
- lemon juice
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
How to make homemade Tartar Sauce?
- Finely chop dill pickle and fresh dill. I also add dried parsley.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. It’s best to refrigerate the Tartar Sauce for at least 30 minutes but it’s ready to serve right away too!
What Tartas Sauce is used for?
This sauce is perfect for any seafood dish:
baked or fried fish sticks
fried fish sandwiches
MORE EASY RECIPES FOR CONDIMENTS:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This homemade tartar sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.