Peanut Butter Banana Blender Bread recipe - this quick bread couldn't be faster to make! Mix all ingredients in a blender, pour into a pan and bake! No flour, no white sugar yet sweet and delicious!
With the school back in session and the weather in mid 70s, I am feeling the urge to start my fall baking. Muffins and quick breads come to mind first as they are such a great snack to add to your lunchbox or to grab and go. And then lets go a little further and make this a healthy snack. As in flourless and filling. And theeeeen - let's make it in a blender! As in throw the ingredients in and blend until smooth.
I took my very favorite Blender Muffin recipe and turned it into a bread. In place of chocolate chips, I made a brown sugar cinnamon swirl that is an unexpected sweet surprise. And we all love a good surprise. Especially a sweet one! 😀
I tested this recipe by baking it at 375 degrees F and the loaf had a cracked domed top which I love. If baked at 350 degrees F, the loaf will be flatter. Both loaves are equally moist and delicious. If your oven tends to run higher, I recommend baking it at 350 degrees F.
I slice the whole loaf of this bread and packed it into little sandwich ziploc bags and took on our road trip last week. My kiddos loved it! I knew they are getting a healthy and filling snack. My Hubby and I enjoyed few slices with our morning coffee this weekend and it was crazy good. My Husband is not a sweet bread loving person so to see him devouring few slices of this bread - I knew it was a winner recipe! 😀
Peanut Butter Banana Blender Bread Recipe
for the swirl:
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
for the bread:
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 medium bananas (the more ripe the sweeter the muffins)
- 2 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt OR sour cream
- 6 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.25 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spray a 9” x 5” loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar with cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 20 seconds, until the ingredients start to come together.
- Scrape sides of blender jar.
- Blend 20 to 25 seconds more until the batter is smooth. It will look a little grainy from the oats.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake bread for 40 to 43 minutes OR until the top is dry and golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling rack or wooden cutting board and cool completely.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!