Chocolate Peanut Butter Blender Muffins recipe – flourless muffins banana, peanut butter and plenty of chocolate! No white flour, only 3 tablespoons of brown sugar – these muffins disappear in no time!
After the success of my Flourless Blender Muffins, I decided to make a chocolate version because well, let’s face it – is there ever a time when we don’t need more chocolate in our life? Me –>> everyday! 😀
Also, I know I have said it before, but perfectly domed muffins always make me swoon! I love this recipe as it never fails and most of all, it comes together in a blender! Throw all of the ingredients in, blend for 40 seconds, scrape, 20 seconds more and scoop into muffin pan. I always add chocolate chips sprinkled on top of each muffin. YUM!
- old-fashioned oats
- cocoa powder
- peanut butter
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Are these muffins sweet enough?
I always use very ripe bananas for this recipe because they will make the muffins sweeter. There are only 3 tablespoons of brown sugar in the mix so I’d say most of the sweetness comes from bananas. Besides, that makes this recipe a perfect idea for that bunch of bananas that no one wants to eat but are perfect for baking.
These muffins are perfect to whip up in the morning and take on a road trip or a picnic! I love to have a batch sitting on the counter for the kiddos to grab throughout the day. They are always excited to see them!
Can I use quick-cooking oats?
For those of you who asked, I tried this recipe with quick-cooking oats and they work too! Yay!
How many muffins does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 6 regular size muffins. You can easily double it and make a dozen.
More baked recipes:
- Flourless Peanut Butter Blender Muffins
- Cinnamon Swirl Peanut Butter Blender Bread
- Bakery Style Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats see note
- 2 ½ Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 medium banana the more ripe, the sweeter the muffins
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt OR sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chocolate chips chunks, shredded coconut or chopped nuts (optional)
Line a regular size muffin pan with 6 liners. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 20 seconds, until the ingredients start to come together.
Scrape sides of blender jar.
Blend 20 to 25 seconds more until the batter is smooth. It will look a little grainy from the oats.
If desired, stir in chocolate chips or any other add-ons into the batter OR leave them to sprinkle on top of muffins.
With a regular size ice cream scoop (with a spring release), scoop the batter into prepared pan. Top with chocolate chips.
Bake muffins for 15 to 18 minutes OR until the tops are domed, with cracks.
Cool muffins for 10 minutes in pan.
Transfer onto a cooling rack or wooden cutting board and cool completely.
- You can also use quick-cooking oats in this recipe.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.