Bakery Style Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins – big fluffy muffins filled with chocolate chips. Make bakery style treats right in your own kitchen!
I stopped buying coffee in a shop long time ago, when I learned how to make the perfect cup with a perfectly frothed milk right in my kitchen and then enjoy a huge mug of it with my Hubby in the morning. Next thing was to make a bakery style treat that I can bake in my own oven the night before or on a lazy Sunday morning. Like these Blueberry Cream Cheese Turnovers, or these Glazed Lemon Muffins.
But these Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins win it all. They are the real deal, people!
When the first batch of these muffins came out of the oven, I knew they were a success. Just look at them! They are so beautifully domed and filled with chocolate chips – pure perfection! Gorgeous muffins have that to them – they will make you happy as soon as they leave the oven.
My kiddos love when I bake muffins and can tell by the sweet smell that’s coming out of the kitchen that a batch is in the oven, but these jumbo muffins left them speechless! They were so big that for good 20 minutes they were compering their size to their toys! They are bigger than my espresso cup!
To me, a perfect muffin is domed, maybe with a slight crack on top and golden brown. It’s fluffy on the inside yet not too moist or too sweet. We are not going for a cupcake here. There are a couple of secrets to these muffins. For perfect domes – bake muffins for the first five minutes in higher temperature and then lower it without opening the oven. I always use this trick when baking muffins and they always come out so gorgeously domed! For fluffy and perfectly moist muffins – use buttermilk instead of milk. If you do not have buttermilk on hand (and I usually don’t) – use a mix of 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and enough milk to make 1 cup of liquid. It always works great!
These muffins are just right to go with a cup of coffee in the morning or a quick breakfast on-the-go or an afternoon snack. That’s what these Bakery Style Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins are.
Bakery Style Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease a jumbo muffin pan with butter. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt). Add ¾ of a cup of chocolate chips and stir in. Coating them with dry ingredients prevents sinking to the bottom.
- In a large measuring cup or medium mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients (buttermilk, vanilla, oil and egg).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir in with a fork until combined. Batter should be lumpy but no large clumps of flour should remain.
- Using a regular ice cream scoop, place two scoops of the batter into each muffin cup. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in 400° for 5 minutes. Without opening the oven, lower the temperature of the oven to 375° F and set the timer for 20 minutes. Check the muffins with a toothpick (it should be clean) and add extra 2 to 3 minutes if needed. The tops should be domed, slightly cracked and golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and set on a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you like this recipe and try it in your own kitchen, snap a photo and tag me on social media! Use #crunchycreamysweet or @crunchycreamysweet ! I’d love to see what’s happening in your kitchen!