No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars - easy no-bake bars that taste just like Reese's peanut butter cups! Come together in just minutes!
Hi Friends! Happy Sunday! I hope yours is relaxing and filled with delicious food. My Hubby is making his famous pizza tonight so I do not have to worry about dinner. Instead, this whole morning I have been whipping up desserts like nobody's business. I made three fantastic treats that I know you will love. I can't wait to share them with you this week!
But today, I am sharing something that has been in my draft for a while. Since Halloween is on Friday (omg, November is almost here!!!) and candy is on all of our minds, these bars seem only appropriate to share.
If I had to choose the candy I want to find in my trick-or-treat bag, it would be Butterfingers and Reese's cups. No Tootsie Rolls or hard candy, please.
But, since I am an adult and I do not get to trick-or-treat anymore and my kids seem to be well skilled in hiding the best candy from me - I decided to make it from scratch. In a bar form. Because the more - the better.
Crunchy peanut butter layer that tastes just like Reese's PB cups, covered with melted chocolate - how can you say no to that?
Note: Usually, I add a tiny bit of oil to chocolate before melting, which helps to make a smooth coating. I saw a tip on Food Network that recommends adding peanut butter to the chocolate and melting it all together. It's brilliant since this treat is all about peanut butter!
Add the fact that these are no-bake, do not require a mixer and are made in just one bowl. Win win, if you ask me!
I love recipes like this! Making my favorite candy bars from scratch is fun and, saves you money and time! Hope you will try them!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1/2 cup of peanut butter. The mixture will be thick.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a large heat-proof measuring cup, place chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
- Microwave in 20 second intervals, until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Smooth out.
- Chill in the fridge until set, at least 1 hour.