Homemade Butterfinger Bark – your favorite candy in a bark form! Only 3 ingredients needed to make this treat!
Last year, about this time, I stumbled onto a recipe on Pinterest for homemade Butterfingers. My favorite candy. Next to Reese’s cups. And Kit Kat. And Almond Joy. Okay, so it’s not the only favorite candy of mine but it’s up there in the top 5! I tried the homemade version last year and it was fantastic! Today I am sharing it’s bark version on the blog. You only had to wait one year. 🙂
This bark is so ridiculously easy to make, it’s crazy! We are talking three ingredients that I bet you already have in your pantry. You can make this into candy bars but the bark takes significantly less time and is equally delicious!
My Hubby and I love Butterfingers! We always try to steal them from the Halloween treat-or-trick bags! 🙂 Now we don’t have to! This bark is the real deal. So easy to make and tastes just like Butterfingers. Actually, as soon as you start combining the ingredients – you will smell the Butterfingers! The hardest part is waiting for everything to set up. Then cut and devour!
You have to try this recipe! I love DIY recipes of my favorite candy that I can make at home. Especially easy ones like this one!
MORE EASY CANDY RECIPES:
BUTTERFINGER BARK RECIPE:
- 1.5 cup candy corn
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Pour half the chocolate onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Smooth out. Set aside to set.
- In the meantime, place candy corn in a large heat-proof bowl and melt in the microwave for 45 seconds. Check if it's melting and melt for another 20 to 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Add peanut butter to the melted candy corn. Stir until smooth. Warm up in the microwave if needed.
- Pour the mixture (it will be thick) onto the set chocolate in the pan. Spread and smooth the top.
- Pour the rest of the melted chocolate on top of the butterfinger filling.
- Smooth the top.
- Place the pan in the fridge to set, at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares or triangles or free-form pieces.
- Store in the fridge,in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe source: slightly adapted from the [Blue Eyed Bakers|https://www.blueeyedbakers.com/home/2012/11/6/homemade-butterfingers.html ]