Microwave Mocha Fudge – silky smooth chocolate fudge with a hint of coffee. It’s the easiest fudge ever and takes only minutes to prepare!
When it comes to fudge, it’s quite easy to recognize a winner. It has to be silky smooth. Unless, you have crushed Oreo cookies stirred in – then it’s okay for it to be chunky. Other than that, it has to be smooth. Grainy fudge is the worst and often an effect of bad preparation. So today, I am sharing a fool-proof fudge recipe that makes the silkiest fudge you have ever had. It literally melts in your mouth!
Oh, and there is a hint of coffee and almond extract in it! Trust me, it’s amazing and you will love it!
This fudge was made out of need for a quick and easy sweet treat that would be great to munch on while watching Christmas movies. Last weekend, my Hubby and I were settling in to watch “The Christmas Story”. We love this movie so much and it’s a tradition to watch it every year. We had eggnog, hot chocolate for the kiddos and a big bowl of popcorn. But, I was craving a chocolate treat. A silky smooth chocolate treat in bite size form.
I whipped up this fudge in no time, because the preparation takes only minutes! All you need is butter, chocolate and milk and microwave it for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir it until smooth, mix in powdered sugar and flavor add ons and pour into the pan. After an hour and a half of chilling, it is absolutely perfect! But it’s not a boring chocolate fudge. I had to add my own twist to it. Since, I am a big fan of chocolate and coffee in desserts, adding a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee granules seemed perfect. But I didn’t stop there! I remembered recently adding an almond extract to my brownies and being blown away by the flavor. So I added a few drops to the fudge mixture. Not trying to be bossy here, but YOU NEED TO MAKE IT!! This fudge is gorgeous in color, rich and chocolaty, it melts in your mouth and makes you weak in your knees with it’s flavor. AND, it’s absolutely easy to make! Who needs any more convincing! Go, make it!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 3 drops (1/4 teaspoons) almond extract
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides. Set aside.
- Place butter, chocolate and milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes, or until very warm and the chocolate starts to melt. Stir until smooth.
- Sift powdered sugar right over the bowl with chocolate mixture. Add salt and mix it all in until smooth. (You can use a whisk or an electric hand mixer.)
- Add coffee granules and almond extract and mix in well.
- Pour the fudge mixture into prepared pan.
- Chill for at least 1 and 1/2 hour, or until set.
- Cut in 1" pieces and serve or store in an closed container with sheets of parchment paper between layers.
Other fudge recipes:
Fudge Recipes Round Up from Love From The Oven
Red Velvet Fudge from I Am Baker
Peppermint Fudge from Shugary Sweets
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge from Buns In My Oven