Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats - super fun Halloween treats that use no additional coloring dye beside the orange pumpkin marshmallow Peeps! The addition of pumpkin spice makes them a great fall treat for kids and adults!
Pumpkin treats are always a hit. You can make my Pumpkin Pie Crumb Bars or the Pumpkin Spice Pretzels too!
If you like cute holiday treats or you are feeling crafty, this recipe is for you! This super easy and fun treat for Halloween is made with pumpkin-shaped marshmallow Peeps! I melted them into one gooey, sticky marshmallow sweetness, mixed with rice crispies cereal and a little bit of pumpkin spice. They were a hit with my kids and their friends!
Ingredients (your shopping list):
- pumpkin marshmallow Peeps
- Rice Krispies cereal
- pumpkin spice
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Start by buttering a large mixing bowl and a rectangular baking dish. Place cereal in the bowl.
- Melt butter with marshmallows in a pan.
- Add pumpkin spice and pour mixture over cereal. Stir.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan. Add chocolate chips on top.
- Let sit until set.
Pumpkin Marshmallow Peeps
As the description of this post says, I did not use any additional food coloring or dye other than what's already in the pumpkin Peeps. I hate trying to mess with the coloring and not get the right pumpkin orange shade. Problem solved! All you need to do is melt butter, add the marshmallow pumpkin Peeps and let them melt. Mixed with rice krispies cereal it will make thick and delicious bars with the right pumpkin shade of orange.
Can I double this recipe?
You can make the bars in a 13" x 9" pan but they won't be as thick as the ones on photos. You can easily double the recipe for a bigger crowd!
To prevent the treats from drying out, it is best to keep them in a container with lid, at room temperature.
More pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Pretzels
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Crumb Bars
- Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Nutella Filled Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 7 oz pumpkin shaped marshmallows two 3,5 oz. packages, I used Peeps
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 5 cups rice krispies cereal
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Line a 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Grease the paper with butter. Set aside.
- Grease a large mixing bowl with butter. Add rice krispies cereal. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter (see note)
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and melt, stirring constantly.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in pumpkin spice.
- Add marshmallow mixture to rice krispies cereal and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture to prepared pan and press down.
- Sprinkle top with mini chocolate chips and gently press them down to stick to the bars. Do not spread.
- Chill bars in fridge for at least 30 to 40 minutes, 1 hour preferably.
This recipe was originally published on September 10th, 2015 and updated on October 2nd, 2019.
PUMPKIN!!! I'm so excited! 😀
These krispies look AHH-MAZING! The perfect snack!
This is such a fun and creative idea!
How fun are these? Perfect for a classroom Halloween party!
OH MY GOODNESS. These rice krispies treats are genius! So fun!
What a fun twist on a rice crispy treat and those peeps are super cute!
This is such a clever idea! SO perfect for class parties. Pinning 🙂
What a fun idea!
I love those pumpkin peeps and these rice krispie treats are just adorbs 🙂
Gah, I feel like time flies a little quicker each year! For me, there's always too many desserts to make and too little time, ha! But these look amazing! I love the color!
Two of my favorite things in one!! YUM!