Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Covered Pretzels - dip pretzels in melted chocolate mixed with pumpkin spice for a fun Halloween snack that kids will love to make and eat!
This recipe is inspired by my kids, who are already counting days till Halloween. They asked me the other day if there is anything that we have that they could dip in melted chocolate. So we came up with these fun Halloween pretzels! I put my own twist on it and added the pumpkin spice to the melted chocolate for a truly fall flavor.
These pretzels disappeared so quickly! They want to make them again and pack some for their friends. They were fun to make as there was melted chocolate involved, and let's face it - playing with chocolate is always fun.
I love this idea as it looks fun and it's quite delicious! Pumpkin spice and chocolate (especially the white one) goes so well together! It's a sweet spice snack. And it's addicting too!
Like I said, my kids can't wait till it's Halloween! My Hubby joines them as it's his favorite holiday too. He is excited to hang the decorations and carve the jack-o-lanterns. I would like to cozy up with a tall mug of our skinny pumpkin spice latte and a bolw of these pretzels. 🙂
October is almost here and the interwebs are already filling up with cute food craft ideas for Halloween. I suggest adding this one to the list. It's fun for kids and adults. You will love snacking on these chocolate covered pretzles with the pumpkin spice surprise!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 2 cups pretzels divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or candy coating
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or candy coating
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice divided, see note
- orange food coloring if desired (I used Betty Crocker neon orange gel food coloring)
- In a microwave safe dish, place semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of oil. Microwave until melted. Stir until smooth. Add ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice. Stir in well. Set aside.
- In another microwave safe dish, place white chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of oil. Microwave until melted. Stir until smooth. Add the remaining ½ teaspoon of pumpkin spice and 4 to 5 drops of the food coloring. Stir in well. Set aside.
- Line a large cookie or baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Divide the pretzels. Dip one cup of pretzels in semi-sweet chocolate. Using a fork, dip each pretzel in the chocolate and tap against the edge of the dish so the excess of chocolate drips back down to the bowl. Place pretzel on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until whole cup of pretzels is coated.
- Repeat with the remaining cup and the melted white chocolate.
- Let pretzels sit until the chocolate is set. You can place them in the freezer to speed up the setting.
- If needed, reheat the chocolate. Using a fork or a squeeze bottle, drizzle the semi-sweet chocolate over the white chocolate covered pretzels.
- Using a fork or a squeeze bottle, drizzle the white chocolate over the semi-sweet chocolate covered pretzels. Let sit until the chocolate is set.
- Keep in air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.