Glazed Lemon Easter Loaf Cake Recipe - this will be the best loaf cake you've ever had! Buttery, lemony, melt in your mouth with every bite! So easy to do! Jazz it up with Easter colors and a simple glaze!
It was the cute Easter and Spring items at Target and the gorgeous warm, sunny weather and the first Spring flowers on our walking path - it all got me in the mood for cute treats. I have much more coming but let's start with this super easy loaf cake. This is my very favorite loaf cake recipe that is fool-proof and makes the best crumb ever. It melts in you mouth! It's all thanks to creaming butter with sugar for at least 3 minutes until it is nice and fluffy. SO GOOD!
This cake comes out beautifully domed, golden brown on top and has a delicate yet not crumbly texture. I used yellow and pink food coloring to create fun design and glaze. Spring time is to celebrate and why not with a cute and delicious treat!
I love a good lemon loaf and this one is crazy delicious with a cup of coffee or tea. I love that you can play with flavors and make it lime, like I did with this Coconut Lime Cake or add chocolate chips or melt them to glaze the top of the cake or just keep it simple and make it vanilla flavor.
I think it would be super fun to layer the two batters in the pan and then swirl them with a knife to create even more cute design! Get your kiddos involved and let them swirl the batters with bamboo sticks. Make memories in the kitchen and bake delicious treats!
This cake would be beautiful on your Easter table or gifted to family and friends!
Glazed Lemon Easter Loaf Cake Recipe
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- food coloring (yellow pink), optional
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar divided
- 3 teaspoons milk divided
- food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour 9" x 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating for 3 to 4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix well. Add lemon zest and mix well.
- Alternating with buttermilk and lemon juice., add the dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, mixing well after each.
- Pour half of the batter into bowl you had flour mixture in (saving on dishes here). Add yellow food coloring, two drops at a time to get desired shade. Remember, the color will be stronger after baking.
- Add pink food coloring to the second batter, repeat as with the yellow batter.
- Pour pink batter into prepared loaf pan. Spread evenly. Pour yellow batter over the top and spread evenly.
- Bake cake for 45 to 50 minutes OR until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted into few places comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a cutting board. Cool completely.
- To make the glaze, divide powdered sugar into two small bowls. Add one teaspoon of milk to each bowl until you reach drizzling consistency. Add food coloring if desired.
- Drizzle both glazes over cake.
- Cut and serve.
Sandi G says
Beautiful cake for Easter. My kids would love the colors.
Your lemon loaf is so, so pretty! It's absolutely perfect for Easter!!
Anna, this is an absolutely beautiful cake - perfect for Easter, indeed!
Muna Kenny says
Your zoomed pictures are driving me crazy! I end up spending so much time browsing through your beautiful clicks and recipes and I love everything I see. I wish I can grab a slice and taste this moist and beautiful loaf cake 🙂
Perfect colors and flavors for Easter.
I love lemon-flavored baked goods - this looks so yummy and cheerful!
I love lemon loaf and this one is so pretty. I have a raspberry glaze I am going to use on the top of this for Easter! I can't wait.
Love the bright colors- this is so fun! 🙂
How FUN is this?! So vibrant and perfect for Easter!