Cherry Marshmallow Delight Poke Cake – light and fluffy vanilla cake with cherry pie filling, marshmallow whipped cream and a drizzle of fudge sauce. Crazy good!
This summer, my cakes are multi-topping desserts. And I love it! It’s so fun to start with a simple, no-fail yet delicious cake baked in a large pan, poke holes in it, spread pie filling all over it and top it all with my favorite summer frosting – whipped cream.
But then marshmallow fluff finds it’s way to said whipped cream (can we all say: YUM!) and my homemade fudge sauce is drizzled on top.
Heck, yes. Summer cake at it’s best.
I hopped on the poke cake wagon a while ago and I am loving it. Each piece of this cake melts in your mouth and flavors burst. Which means you have to make it. Especially if you love pie fillings like I do and need another reason to enjoy them, besides eating them straight from the can. Spoon optional.
This is my third and last recipe created in the last 6 months for Lucky Leaf as the brand’s ambassador. I am really grateful to have an opportunity to work with such a wonderful company. I enjoyed the creative process as much as a piece of each dessert! Check out the other recipes I created with Lucky Leaf’s pie fillings, below.
Cherry pie filling is my all-time favorite in the whole line (although the caramel apple gives it run for it’s money) because it reminds me of holiday desserts. I am super excited about this summer cake because it allows me to enjoy it during the warm season too. Yay!
Learn more about Lucky Leaf’s products (there is more than just pie fillings!),HERE. Follow Lucky Leaf on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- fudge sauce optional
- Grease and flour a 13" x 9" baking pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda).
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, vanilla and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. No need for an electric mixer here - I used just a whisk!
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Tap the pan gently against the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and the toothpick inserted in few places comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan in room temperature.
- When the cake is cool, poke the surface with the round end of a wooden spoon or a wooden dowel.
- Spread cherry pie filling over the cake.
- Top with marshmallow whipped cream.
- Drizzle with fudge sauce (warmed up to drizzling consistency), just before serving.
Disclosure: I am Lucky Leaf’s brand ambassador. I have been compensated for this post. All opinions, text and photos are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I love and that make this blog possible.