Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins recipe makes the best muffins ever! Packed with chocolate, sweet and delicious, these muffins are a must for breakfast and snack!
BAKERY STYLE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
I love muffins in the morning. They make a great grab-n-go snack during the day. Semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chunks. Orange zest for a delicate citrus hint. All mixed into a Greek yogurt batter. You will love the high-tops on these muffins. You can achieve them with my simple tip. I use it every time I make muffins, like my Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins or the Jumbo Chocolate Chip Muffins. It works every time!
TIP FOR MAKING THE BEST BAKERY STYLE MUFFINS:
I have done a little research on baking bakery style muffins. It appears that the trick is in the first 5 minutes of baking. You place the muffins in the oven preheated to 400 degrees and bake them for 5 minutes. The blast of steam creates the high tops fast. Then you decrease the temperature and finish baking the muffins.
MORE MUFFIN RECIPES:
BAKERY STYLE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS RECIPE:
Big muffins filled with chocolate chips, that taste just as if you bought them in the bakery. So easy and absolutely delicious!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh orange zest optional
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1.75 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. And zest and stir.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- With mixer on low speed add dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with yogurt.
- Add chocolate and stir it in with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop the batter out to lined muffin tin, filling all the way to the top. You can place few chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes in 400 degree oven, Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and bake 15 more minutes, or until browned on top and toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can wrap baked muffins tightly and freeze for up to 1 month. Simply defrost on the counter and pop in the microwave for 7 to 10 seconds to warm up and make chocolate melty.