These Strawberry Pancakes are fluffy, delicious, and dressed up with slices of juicy and plump strawberries. A drizzle of honey is the finishing touch on this festive Spring breakfast dish!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Every Sunday, our family has pancakes for breakfast. It's a tradition I mentioned here on our website many times. I know my recipe by heart and could whip up pancakes anytime. Since berry season is here and Spring breakfast calls for fresh and plump strawberries, I decided to slice them thin and add them to our fluffy pancakes. They turned out absolutely delicious and look so festive! A little bit of lemon zest adds more flavor and complements the sweet berries.
Make a big stack of these delicious strawberry pancakes from scratch and you will find yourself craving them every weekend!
- baking powder and baking soda
- vanilla extract
How to make pancakes with strawberries?
- Start by mixing dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon zest and whisk in.
- Mix buttermilk with egg, vanilla, and butter in a large glass measuring cup.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir in gently.
- Preheat your griddle pan and slice strawberries.
- Pour batter using ¼ cup scoops and fry for a few seconds. When you see bubbles pop around the edges of the pancakes, add strawberry slices. Flip and cook on the other side.
Storing pancake leftovers:
Fresh pancakes are the best but if you end up with leftovers, I recommend storing them in a container with a lid, in the fridge, for up to 2 days. To reheat, pop them onto a pan and heat them up on both sides, or use a microwave.
Best tips for making strawberry pancakes:
- Homemade buttermilk is so easy to make and the best for making fluffy pancakes. Simply mix apple cider vinegar with half and half or whole milk and let it stand for a few minutes. It will turn into thick buttermilk, perfect for this and many other recipes.
- Slice strawberries thin, but not see-through thin. A ¼-inch slices are perfect for this recipe.
- Don't add chopped strawberries to the pancake batter. The pancakes will not cook properly but will have raw batter around each strawberry chunk. They cook better and look pretty when you add slices after one side of the pancakes is cooked.
- I prefer to serve these pancakes with honey but maple syrup works too.
More breakfast recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour see note
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk see note for homemade version
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 10 to 12 strawberries
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add lemon zest and whisk in.
- In a large glass measuring cup, mix buttermilk, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir in just until incorporated. Do not overmix. Lumpy batter makes fluffier pancakes.
- Preheat your griddle pan over medium heat and slice strawberries into ¼" thick slices.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto hot pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes OR until you see bubbles pop around the edges of each pancake.
- Place 3 slices of strawberries on each pancake. Wait 10 seconds, then flip pancakes and cook on the other side.
- Keep cooked pancakes warm while you repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve pancakes with honey or maple syrup.
- Make homemade buttermilk by mixing 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with enough whole milk or half and half to make 1 cup of liquid. Let it stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Adding sliced strawberries to cooking pancakes ensure all of them are cooked properly. If you add chopped strawberries to batter before cooking, you will have pockets of raw batter in your pancakes.
- This recipe can be made with other berries.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- This recipe makes about 4 servings of 3 pancakes each.
The yummiest pancakes ever! They came out amazing!!
Awesome! Thank you, Jennifer!
Highly recommended! Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! Will surely have this again! It's really easy to make and it tasted so delicious!
That's fantastic! Thank you, Allyssa!
I diced the strawberries so they would be distributed more evenly in every bite. Served them with whipped cream and they were a bit hit! I make a lemon sauce, and I want to try them with that next time.
Awesome! Thank you for making my recipe, Kara!