Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bars – sweet and creamy cheesecake bars with light peanut butter flavor and chocolate crust. Super easy and fun treat when the cravings hit!
Do you ever have those days, when you wake up craving certain things? Like peanut butter and chocolate? I did the other day. I was craving a peanut butter and chocolate treat and a cup of coffee. Of course. I run on coffee. I need coffee. But the peanut butter-chocolate combo craving was so strong, I had to make it possible.
Since I had these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, I have been concocting new versions of the easy cheesecake bars in my head. I placed a package of cream cheese on the counter before going to bed, knowing I will be making cheesecake bars the next day. The craving I woke up with made it very easy to decide on flavors.
Peanut butter and chocolate.
But not smack-you-in-the-face peanut butter flavor. I wanted both to be subtle yet there. And that’s what these bars are. No flavor here is dominant, yet together they make a perfectly balanced pair.
These cheesecake bars are a very simple treat. They come together very easily and bake up quickly. The hardest thing is to wait for them to cool. You don’t even have to chill them. This is the kind of dessert you want to make on a rainy, gloomy day to enjoy after a plateful of comfort food for dinner.
Your whole family will love these bars! They are light yet creamy and they melt in your mouth.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 3/4 cup chocolate graham crackers crushed or processed in food processor until fine
- 4 Tablespoons salted or unsalted butter melted
- 1 8 oz . package cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate optional
- Line a 8" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cracker crumbs and melted butter until well combined.Press onto the bottom of the lined pan. Bake for 7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese with an electric mixer for 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Add peanut butter, sugar,sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Add egg and mix just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Tap the pan against the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake the cheesecake for 25 to 27 minutes. Let cool completely to room temperature.
- It can be chilled overnight.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Let sit until chocolate is set.
- Slice and serve.
Store any leftovers in a covered container for up to 2 days.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀