Follow my blog with Bloglovin
“ The domination of one’s thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea,
image, desire, etc.” according to Dictionary.com.
My obsession by idea:
– to finally find the perfect kind of coffee that will enable me to embrace every morning…
– to have 10 minutes during that morning when I can focus on what’s in my cup and not why is there a crayon drawing on the wall… again….
My obsession by image:
– this photo
– this cookware
My obsession by desire:
– to fill my closet with these dresses in anticipation of hot summer days
– to create another version of my delightful Sour Cream Crumb Bars.
Just like with the Donut Muffins (by the way I am acquiring quite the collection of those here on CCS), I desperately wanted to make another version of my Sour Cream Crumb Bars. They were so good and so incredibly easy to make! It was simply time to add some fruit!
Spring is here (at least in theory…) and Summer will be here before we know it. There will be an abundance of fruit and wouldn’t it be nice to have a recipe or two to use them in? Glad you like my thinking.
I used strawberry pie filling in this recipe for a few reasons: I had an open can of it and because I don’t make pies, I was trying to find a way to use it; I am simply waiting for strawberries to get into their peak and the prices to dip so I can stock up on them. I will use fresh fruit in these bars and report back! Pinky promise!
Strawberry Pie Sour Cream Crumb Bars
Creamy sour cream filling and sweet strawberry pie filling encased in perfect brown sugar crust and crumb topping. Make this dessert to enjoy on a lazy afternoon or anytime you want easy, quick and delightful treat!
Recipe adapted from my Sour Cream Crumb Bars
for the crust and crumb topping:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
for the filling:
- 1 c strawberry (or any kind you like) pie filling
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Prepare the 8" square pan by greasing the sides and the bottom. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
for the crust and topping:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until dough forms.
- Reserve about 3/4 c of the mixture for the topping.
- Press the remaining dough into prepared pan. Set aside.
for the sour cream filling:
- Place all filling ingredients (except the pie filling) in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Spoon the pie filling over the sour cream filling. Gently make few swirls with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with the topping mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan. Cut into squares.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
Use any pie filling you like. Let the bars cool to room temperature for easier cutting.
Copyright 2011-2013 CrunchyCreamySweet.com
Linking up to Taste and Tell Thursdays.
Come back tomorrow for a fun giveaway!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. If you follow the link I may make few dollars, which always helps with buying ingredients for more sweet treats like this. Thank you!
Thanks for reading and please keep in touch. Subscribe to Crunchy Creamy Sweet and follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.