Sweet and Spicy Crock-Pot® Chicken Wings Recipe – spicy chipotle peppers, honey, garlic and brown sugar are the perfect sweet and spicy combo! This easy game day appetizer is a must make this football season!
Aside from my cheesy breads and creamy dips, chicken wings are the next best appetizer for a game day. Football season is calling for spicy, saucy wings that afterwards require extra napkins! Spicy chipotle peppers, honey and a few other ingredients make this appetizer a must make for parties, game days and movie nights. Especially if you can let your slow cooker do all the work!
Appetizers are one of our favorite things to whip up in the kitchen, especially if they are quick and easy AND make you reach for seconds. These chicken wings are a true winner in our book because they take only 5 minutes to prep (as in add everything to the Crock-Pot® slow cooker) and let them cook for a couple hours.
End result: spicy, sweet, sticky chicken wings that fall of the bone! SO GOOD!
All you need to do for this recipe is place the chicken wings in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker, blend all ingredients in a mini blender to a smooth sauce and pour over the wings. Cover the slow cooker, set on HIGH setting for 2 hours or LOW setting for 4 hours and let it do it’s magic. Once the time is over, stir in the cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce. You can let it cook for another 10 to 15 minutes OR if you have the Crock-Pot® Multi Cooker, use the brown/saute setting and cook the sauce until thick.
The Crock-Pot® slow cooker is perfect for this recipe as not only it cooks the chicken wings in the spicy sweet sauce, but I can set it up and enjoy the game with no checking on the dish. Once the cooking time is over, the Crock-Pot® slow cooker sets to WARM setting. I can also take the whole slow cooker with us to the party with friends and use it to keep the wings ready and warm and also as a serving station. I just simply adore my Crock-Pot® Multi Cooker!
I used one chipotle pepper and 1 Tablespoon of the adobo sauce in this recipe. I liked the level of heat in the sauce, however my Hubby was asking for more. If you love spicy food, I recommend using two chipotle peppers for the sauce mixture.
For this batch, I used 1 pound of chicken wings drumettes ( it saved me time since I didn’t have to cut the whole wings ) but you can easily double the ingredients. The cooking time will increase as well.
More Chicken Wings Recipes:
- 1.5 lb chicken wings
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers see note
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce from the can with peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice optional but recommended
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Place chicken wings in the Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- In a blender, place honey, brown sugar, peppers, adobo sauce, salt, garlic, ketchup, vinegar and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken. Toss to coat.
- Set Crock-Pot® slow cooker on HIGH setting for 2 hours or LOW setting for 4 hours. Cover and let cook.
- Once time is over, whisk cornstarch and water in small measuring cup. Add to slow cooker and stir in well. Let mixture cook until sauce thickens.
- Keep wings warm and ready to serve.
The serving size may vary from person to person.
You can use 2 chipotle peppers to add more heat.
~~~~~~~~ Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® brand. All text, photographs and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.