Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a quick and easy dip with roasted red peppers. Flavorful and so much better than store-bought!
I make roasted red peppers at home all the time and use it in pasta and now love to add it to my hummus.
Making a delicious hummus right in your kitchen is so easy! All you need is chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. It's a perfect healthy dip and spread with a lot of flavors. I have been playing with different add-ons to make variations and this Roasted Red Pepper one is my current favorite.
- chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- roasted red peppers
- tahini (optional)
- lemon juice
- olive or grapeseed oil
How to make it?
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more oil if needed.
- Serve or place in a container with lid and store in the fridge.
I like to serve hummus with veggie sticks (celery, carrots, etc.), pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers or even as a sandwich spread.
Freezing and storing
Yes! You can place prepared hummus in a freezer-safe container and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge and enjoy!
This hummus should be stored in a fridge, in a covered container for up to 4 days.
More healthy recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas or garbanzo beans organic is best
- 1 roasted red pepper see note for homemade
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini optional
- Drain and rinse beans from can.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more oil for smoother texture, if needed.
- Serve with vegetable sticks or whole wheat crackers or use in vegetable wraps.
This recipe was originally published on January 13th, 2018 and updated on September 15th, 2019.