Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe – quick and easy hummus with roasted red peppers. Flavorful and so much better than store-bought!
I make roasted red peppers at home all the time and use it in pasta and now love to add it to my hummus.
ROASTED RED PEPPER HUMMUS
Making a delicious hummus right in your kitchen is so easy! All you need is chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. It’s a perfect healthy dip and spread with a lot of flavors. I have been playing with different add-ons to make variations and this Roasted Red Pepper one is my current favorite.
Roasted Red Peppers Hummus Ingredients:
- chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- roasted red peppers
- tahini (optional)
- lemon juice
- olive or grapeseed oil
How to make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus?
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more oil if needed.
- Serve or place in a container with lid and store in the fridge.
What do you eat with red pepper hummus?
I like to serve hummus with veggie sticks (celery, carrots, etc.), pretzels, tortilla chips, crackers or even as a sandwich spread.
Can I freeze hummus?
Yes! You can place prepared hummus in a freezer-safe container and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge and enjoy!
How long does it last in the fridge?
This hummus should be stored in a fridge, in a covered container for up to 4 days.
More Healthy Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Quick and easy hummus with roasted red peppers. Flavorful and so much better than store-bought! You only need a handful of ingredients to make it.
- 15.5 oz can chickpeas or garbanzo beans organic is best
- 1 roasted red pepper see note for homemade
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini optional
- Drain and rinse beans from can.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add more oil for smoother texture, if needed.
- Serve with vegetable sticks or whole wheat crackers or use in vegetable wraps.
To make roasted red pepper at home, follow my recipe for Marinated Roasted Red Peppers. It's so easy!
I do not add salt or black pepper to hummus but feel free to adjust to taste.
The calories amount is an estimate.
This recipe was originally published on January 13th, 2018 and updated on September 15th, 2019.