How to easily make homemade Marinated Roasted Peppers and use on salads, sandwiches or turn into pasta sauces.
Roasted peppers are incredibly easy to make at home. You can have a jar ready to enjoy on salads, sandwiches or blend into pasta sauces. Perfect DIY project when you can buy a bunch of peppers on sale or if you grow them in your garden. Quickly char bell peppers on your grill or under the broiler, place in a paper bag to steam, peel and chop and place in a jar with a simple marinade. After an overnight chill in the fridge, you have a jar full of peppers to enjoy!
I always enjoy making things I normally buy in the store. It’s fun and satisfying and nice to know you can whip it up easily. And this recipe is incredibly easy!
Roasting brings out the rich flavors of the vegetable and it’s my favorite way to prepare and enjoy them. I don’t remember the last time I boiled vegetables, unless it’s potatoes that will be mashed. Even for that, I now pressure cook them! For this recipe, I used my oven on it’s broil setting to get the skin blistered and charred. The red pepper blackened quicker than the yellow one but both were done in the same time. The smell of roasting peppers is fantastic!
I love using roasted peppers to blend into a pasta sauce and toss with fettuccine noodles and chicken. So good! My Hubby loves them on sandwiches and the salads are always a huge hit. These peppers add not only a delicious roasted flavor but also a pop of color. And colorful food is always more fun to eat!
PIN IT HERE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE HERE ON FACEBOOK
- 2 bell peppers I used red and yellow
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place peppers on aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Broil in the oven until charred, turning to each side.
- Remove peppers from oven and place in a paper bag. Close and set aside for 1 hr.
- Remove from bag, place on cutting board. Peel the skin of peppers, remove seeds and stem. Slice peppers into strips.
- Place peppers strips in a jar. Add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before using.