Raspberry Coconut Sour Cream Crumb Pie Recipe - sweet and creamy coconut filling with a tarty raspberry jam, all under a buttery crunchy crumb topping. This pie is easy and absolutely delicious!
This pie has my name written all over it. Everything from the easy crust ( and when I say easy, I mean so so easy! ), the sour cream filling to the crunchy crumb topping - it's all right up my alley. I can't even choose my favorite part of it!
I've had this idea for a pie for a while now and it's all because I was craving my sour cream crumb bars. I've made a pumpkin version, an apple caramel version and a strawberry pie version. It was time for a new flavor combo. And why not make it into a pie? After all, the pie season is upon us.
Recently, I shared my recipe for the Coconut Cheesecake Bars. They quickly became popular and no wonder- they are amazing! I was in love with the coconut filling and wanted to make it again in another dessert. Hence this pie. It's a merge of the crumb bars and the coconut cheesecake. The raspberry jam addition is a surprise, peaking through the buttery, crunchy crumb topping. You will be obsessed after the first bite!
This pie is incredibly easy to make. Just 15 minutes of prep is all you need to make it and then bake it for about 40 minutes. For the crust, I mixed melted butter with flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. I reserved about 3/4 of a cup for the crumb topping. The filling is a mixture of sour cream, sugar, flour, egg, vanilla and shredded coconut. I used a raspberry jam to dollop over the filling before topping the whole pie with crumb mixture.
OPTIONS: You can bake this into bars, in a 8" square pan. You can skip the coconut if desired as well as use a different fruit jam as well.
Raspberry Coconut Sour Cream Crumb Pie Recipe
for the crust and topping:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
for the filling:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease an 8" pie pan (traditional pie pan or springform pan).
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cooled butter, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Reserve a heaping 3/4 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of pie pan. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together sour cream, coconut, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over crust. Dollop teaspoons of raspberry jam over sour cream mixture. Swirl with a knife if desired.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over the filling.
- Bake pie in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes OR until the crumb topping is golden brown and the pie looks set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM. Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀