Coconut Cheesecake Bars recipe - the best coconut cheesecake bars I have ever had! They are sweet, creamy, coconut-y. The no graham cracker crust is a must-try.
COCONUT CHEESECAKE BARS
The craving for cheesecake hit me so hard, I made two batches last week. Clearly, it's been way too long since I made my cheesecake bars so it had to be fixed. Besides, you guys seem to love my Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars and your messages and comments about how delicious they are - made me crave them so much!
Also, I wouldn't be myself if I didn't want to play with the recipe and make a new version. I am so happy with how these bars came out - I just had to share the recipe with you! Creamy, sweet, perfect amount of coconut in every bite, no crumbly crust - these cheesecake bars are one of the best I've ever made.
How do these coconut cheesecake bars taste?
These bars were disappearing fast right before my eyes. My Hubby, who is not a coconut fan at all, declared these to be absolutely amazing. He loves cheesecake as much as I do so I was hoping he would look past the coconut part, but he actually really loved it here! That says a lot!
I hope you will love them too. This batch makes 9 good size bars, but you can always slice them into smaller pieces. They are not too rich. I used 1/2 cup of sugar because I used the sweetened coconut here. If you are using unsweetened - you may add 1/4 cup of sugar to the mixture. The crust is my alternative to the traditional graham cracker crust. It is from my favorite crumb bars and it never fails.
How to make cheesecake crust without graham crackers?
In a mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and sugar. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well. The dough should be thick.
Press the crust dough onto the bottom of prepared pan. Set aside. Make filling.
What do I need to make coconut cheesecake bars?
8" square baking pan
2 mixing bowls
More Cheesecake Bars recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀
COCONUT CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE:
Coconut Cheesecake Bars Recipe
for the crust:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled completely
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
for the filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Line 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and sugar. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well. The dough should be thick.
- Press the crust dough onto the bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese and sugar. Add flour, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in coconut.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the crust. Spread evenly.
- Bake cheesecake bars for 33 to 36 minutes or until the center doesn't jiggle anymore and the top is golden.
- Cool completely before slicing.