Forget plain bread – this Quick Cheese Bread is perfect for sandwiches or toasted and paired with soup!
QUICK CHEESE BREAD
One of the most popular recipes on Crunchy Creamy Sweet is my One-Hour Skillet Focaccia. And no wonder! It is our family favorite! So easy to make and a perfect addition to any meal. And if you are like me, a total bread lover, you like a freshly baked homemade bread. This Easy Cheese Bread is so easy to make since we are not using yeast. Feel free to use any cheese you like and even add chopped peppers or even bacon!
HOW TO ADAPT THIS BREAD RECIPE?
Like this Quick Cheese Bread. It easy to mix together and so adaptable. I used Pepper Jack cheese and Sharp Cheddar cheese. Feel free to use a mix you like. Go crazy and add some bacon bits! This bread is made for it!
HOW TO SERVE THIS CHEESE BREAD?
I toasted up a few slices in the oven and they were a perfect addition to tomato soup. The bread is sturdy for grilled cheese sandwiches. Can you handle all the cheesy-ness? 🙂 Check out the speckles in the slices!
MORE EASY CHEESY RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
QUICK CHEESE BREAD RECIPE:
Forget plain bread - this Quick Cheese Bread is perfect for sandwiches or toasted and paired with soup! No yeast needed! Use any cheese you like. Add chopped bacon or peppers too!
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese about 1 cup, shredded
- 3 oz Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 1.25 c milk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 c sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 9" x 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and toss to coat. This will ensure even distribution of the cheese through out the loaf.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, egg and sour cream.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in wet ingredients to dry ingredients. The batter will be thick. Do not overmix!
- Scrape the batter onto the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread until the toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool on rack in pan for 5 minutes, then invert onto the rack and cool completely.
- To toast the slices: preheat the oven to 425 degrees, place slices on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for 5 to 7 minutes.