One Bowl Brownies Recipe – the best, homemade from scratch brownies! They are fudgy with a shiny, flaky top and melt-in-your-mouth texture! They taste and look like they were made out of the box mix but are quick, easy and made in one bowl!
ONE BOWL BROWNIES
Aren’t they gorgeous? The flaky top has me swooning every time I look at the picture! Also, eating them with a fork is totally allowed. Obviously, we gave each other the permission to eat freshly baked brownies with a fork.
So here it is – my recipe for This brownie recipe uses melted chocolate and makes fudgy brownies with shiny, soft (not at all crunchy) flaky top, they are light and each bite just melts in your mouth. Swoon!
How to make One-Bowl Brownies?
- Prepare a baking pan and preheat the oven.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisk well after each addition.
- Add sugar and mix well. Add vanilla and salt and whisk in.
- Add sifted flour and cocoa powder and stir in with a spatula. Add chocolate chips or nuts.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake brownies for 22 to 25 minutes, then cool completely in pan.
What tools do you need to make these brownies?
- one mixing bowl
- 8″ square baking pan
- whisk and spatula
- measuring cups and spoons
Brownies Recipe Variation:
- mini brownies: you can make these brownies in a muffin pan for individual brownies, topped with whipped cream and berries;
- add-ons: add chopped nuts, peanut butter chips or any chocolate chips you like;
- layered desserts: use them to make a trifle!
Cocoa Powder Brownies vs. Melted Chocolate Brownies:
When it comes to brownies, there are two types: the ones made with cocoa powder and ones made with melted chocolate. I covered the cocoa powder version in my Homemade Fudge Brownies Recipe, that makes ultra fudgy brownies with a crunchy meringue-like top. The secret is to beat the eggs and sugar for a good 2 minutes.
This recipe uses melted chocolate and just 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder for even more chocolate flavor. The brownies are lighter and each bite just melts in your mouth. The texture is almost mousse-like yet not quite. The top is flaky but soft. The only crunchy part is the edge. Just one thing to remember: cool the melted chocolate and butter to room temperature before adding eggs or you will end up with a scrambled mess.
How to store brownies?
If you have any leftovers (let’s say 4 or 5 pieces), place them in a single layer in a ziploc bag. They will stay soft for days!
More Brownies Recipes:
Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cupcakes from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
For more easy treat recipes, feel free to browse our Dessert Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
The best, homemade from scratch brownies! They are fudgy with soft, flaky top, melt-in-your-mouth! They taste and look like they were made out of the box mix but are quick, easy and made in one bowl!
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz . semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in large mixing bowl. Melt in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each - until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk melted chocolate few times. Add eggs, one at a time, whisk well after each addition. Whisk the whole mixture really well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla and salt and whisk in.
- Add sifted flour and cocoa powder and stir in with a spatula.
- If desired, stir in additional chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Smooth out the top. Tap the pan against the counter to release air bubbles.
Bake brownies for 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Remove from pan and cut into 9 squares.
- Store in a single layer in ziploc bag - they will stay soft for days.
You can add any chocolate chips to the batter. Use chopped nuts or marshmallows too!
This post was originally published on April 26th, 2016 and updated on May 22nd, 2019.