New Classic Brownies - ultra fudgy brownies with a crunchy top. The ultimate treat for brownie lovers!
NEW CLASSIC BROWNIES
There is no one word to sum up these babies, besides FUDGY. Absolutely melt-in-your-mouth heaven for any brownie or chocolate lover.
The author of the recipe is Alice Medrich after all and you can find it in her book "Cookies and Brownies". So if you call yourself a brownie lover or a chocolate addict - you need to try these! They are sooooo worth it!
Few notes on this recipe:
- You must use a METAL pan for this recipe or the glass one will break as soon as you place it in the ice bath.
- The ice bath prevents the brownies from further baking and preserves the gooey center.
- My substitutions are highly recommended if you like red wine. If you are interested in pairing chocolate with wine and food, check out my post about our getaway for two!
- The better chocolate you use the better the experience.
MORE BROWNIES RECIPES:
NEW CLASSIC BROWNIES RECIPE:
New Classic Brownies
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate ( I used red w@ne dark chocolate Ghirardelli's Intense Dark Chocolate Cabernet Matinee )
- 1 ¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla I substituted red wine for it
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a 8"x8" METAL baking an with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, place chocolate and butter and melt until just few pieces of chocolate are visible. Take off the heat and whisk until smooth.
- Add sugar and whisk well.
- Add vanilla and whisk again.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Add flour and fold it in with a spatula.
- Whisk the batter for 1 minutes with a wire whisk or use a stand mixer. Whisk until the batter starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the brownie goodness into prepared pan and smooth the top out.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare ice bath. Fill your sink with cold water with ice cubes so it comes up to 1 inch or fill a large roasting pan the same way.
- After the 20 minutes, remove the pan from oven and place in water bat, making sure not to splash any water onto your brownies. Let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!