Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies - fudgy brownies topped with peanut butter. One fudgy, gooey treat for chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
I can imagine you are in a hurry right now, because the feature photo of this post is making you crazy for brownies.
Like omg-must-have-them-now crazy.
I know this feeling. I had a craving for brownies with peanut butter swirl for a while now and they just had to be made! One early morning, when our neighbors were leaving for work, I was gathering ingredients for these brownies and knew that I can have my treat in less than 40 minutes. Plus waiting-to-cool time. That's the worst part.
So, how about fudgy brownies with peanut butter swirl to end the work week with? You can thank me later. 🙂
This recipe uses my new favorite brownie base. I used to always make this recipe for cocoa brownies that will come out dense and super fudgy. I did a little bit of research and looked at my old BB Monday series and created a new recipe that makes fudgy, yet light brownies with crackly top. The secret lays in whipping the eggs with sugar until thick (exactly 3 minutes). It will produce the crackly top that reminds us all about the box version of brownies.
These bars are now my new favorite and I don't think I will be changing it for a long time.
The peanut butter swirl is nothing more than just warmed up smooth peanut butter swirled into a brownie batter just before baking. It melts over the top and adds even more gooey factor to this dessert.
The crackly top gives a slight crunch when you take a bite. The lightness of these brownies is deceiving as the are packed with chocolaty goodness! Each bite simply melts in your mouth. The peanut butter swirl makes a perfectly balanced combination of peanut butter and chocolate in each piece.
I suggest you find 40 minutes of free time and make these brownies today! No need to wait till the weekend!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper, overanging on the sides. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix sugar and eggs with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract to the egg mixture and mix in.
- Add cocoa mixture and mix it in until smooth.
- Add flour and salt (I recommend sifting in right over the cocoa mixture) and fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan.
- In a microwave, warm up the peanut butter in a heat-proof dish.
- Drizzle the peanut butter in long, wide streaks over the brownie batter. Make swirls with a knife or offset spatula. Tap the pan against the counter to release all of the air bubbles that form on the surface.
- Bake the brownies for 22 to 25 minutes or until the top if crackly and dry (the peanut butter will be melty).
- Cool completely in the pan.
- Remove the brownies from pan using the overhanging sides of the paper.
- Place on a cutting board and slice.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀