M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe - soft and chewy cookie bars packed with gooey chocolate and bright and colorful M&Ms! All done in under 30 minutes!
We are smack down in the middle of winter and the winter blues are starting to get us big time. We finally got some serious snow fall the other day. The kids can make snowmen and have snowball fights. But this cloudy, cold weather makes me crave color! Yes, color! I find that color is a great therapy for the seasonal blues. I just ordered a very bright throw pillow for our bedroom to add a pop of color, I bought a bright red lipstick and nail polish and made cookie bars with bright M&M's!
A plateful of these soft and chewy bars is sure to make you smile!
Cookie bars are our favorite treats to make recently. They are quick and easy and you can pack them with chocolate chips (any kind) and leftover candy. Kids love to make them and eat them too! You may know by now my little secret to making soft and chewy cookies. It's the vanilla pudding mix! It's a foolproof trick to achieving soft and chewy cookies and now bars. Every time we go shopping, my kids ask for the pudding mix so we can make cookies!
To see how to make the cookie dough, check out our YouTube video for the Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies!
If you are longing for summer and it's colors, surround yourself with color! Use colorful home decor, jewelry, makeup and bake cookie bars! With bright M&M's of course!
M&M Chocolate Cookie Bars Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature, 1 stick
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup red and green M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13"x9" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter sugar mixture and mix with an electric mixer until almost incorporated. Switch to a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon, add chocolate chips and M&M's (reserving some) and stir in until well mixed.
- Press the dough onto prepared pan. Add additional M&M's and chocolate chip on top.
- Bake bars for 22 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature, slice and serve.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!