White Chocolate Coconut Cookies - soft sugar cookies packed with white chocolate and coconut. They melt in your mouth!
White chocolate and coconut. One of my favorite combos. I finally made it into a cookie! Soft, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth cookies!
Honestly, it would be quite embarrassing to admit how many of these I inhaled while they were still warm. They are just so good!
If you look at the recipe, you will notice that I used the same base as the Funfetti Birthday Cake Sugar Cookies. I can't get enough of this sugar cookie base. It's fantastic! The cookies come out soft and chewy and stay like that for at least 3 days. If you can keep them for that long from yourself and your family that is.
The last version of the sugar cookies was for my kids. This one is for me. It has two of my favorite ingredients and the base is the perfect binder for it all. I do not think it would be an over-statement to say that these are one of my favorite cookies I have made and shared on the blog. Right next to these Dark Chocolate Orange Cookies. YUM!
The recipe is very simple. You need to whisk the dry ingredients, cream the wet and stir it all together. One thing about this dough - it produced better cookies if you chill it. You can scoop the dough and place on a sheet. Then freeze it if you don't plan on baking them anytime soon or chill for 2 hours (or overnight) and then bake. They will puff up while baking and deflate slightly while cooling.
I hope you will give these a go and let me know what you think! I love to hear your thoughts on the recipes I share here on the blog!
White Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 and ¾ c all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ c unsalted butter softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 c unsweetened coconut
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix for 5 seconds.
- Add coconut and white chocolate chips and mix the dough until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hour, preferably overnight. You can scoop it out with a 1,5 tablespoon scoop onto a baking sheet and chill. (Chilled cookie dough can be tricky to scoop out.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough with a 1,5 tablespoon size cookie scoop and place on the sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes ( 9 minutes was the magic number for me).
- Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.