Funfetti Birthday Cake Sugar Cookies - easy and fun treat full of sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Great treat for birthday parties!
If you are following me on Instagram, you know that our oldest daughter takes ballet classes. In just 5 days she will have her recital. The costumes are ready, they have their dance down and are super excited to get on the stage! We are so proud of her! It's her second year and second recital and I think she is even more excited then the first time.
Me? I am a pile of nerves. I am already freaking out, worrying if we will get there on time, find parking space, not forget a piece of her costume, change in time for the second dance - all of that with three kids in tow. And of course I need to remember to bring tissues for myself. I know already that I won't be able to hold it. I couldn't last year so I don't expect this year be any different.
We will be celebrating her success after the recital so I am knee deep in planning fun treats. She requested cookies, bars, lots of sprinkles and chocolate. I think I can work with that. 🙂
These cookies are amazing. My Hubby helped me with this recipe a little. See, I wanted a sugar cookie. I made few batches tweaking my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe, but it just wasn't it. Then he said: Can you make them like your snickerdoodles? Soft and melt-in-your-mouth delicious?
It hit me. Our favorite sugar cookie was our snickerdoodle cookie all this time!! I shared it's chocolate version last year. I simply skipped the cinnamon and the sugar coating; added sprinkles and white chocolate, doubled my best vanilla extract and chilled the dough. You have to chill the dough to achieve the thick and soft cookie. These really taste like birthday cake!
These cookies were a huge hit! Our little girl loves them! They taste like birthday cake thanks to the extra vanilla and white chocolate and look super festive thanks to the sprinkles.
Looks like I will be making a huge batch for the weekend. 🙂
Funfetti Birthday Cake Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 c unsalted butter , softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.75 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 c funfetti
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix for 5 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and mix the dough until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hour, preferably overnight. You can scoop it out with a 1,5 tablespoon scoop onto a baking sheet and chill. (Chilled cookie dough can be tricky to scoop out.)
- Place funfetti onto a plate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- Roll each scoop of the cookie dough in the funfetti and place on the sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes ( 9 minutes was the magic number for me).
- Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.