These Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with mint chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. No mixer needed and no long chilling the dough needed!
These cookies are a must for the holidays, along with my Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies top the list and the Perfect Sugar Cookies are right behind them.
Warm, gooey cookies loaded with chocolate in every bite is what I am craving right now. One look at these beauties and you will too! This is my favorite recipe for cookies with the chocolate and mint flavor combo. It's perfect for any time of year, but certainly for the holidays. These cookies are filled with Andes chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips all mixed in a chocolate cookie dough. Simply irresistible! This recipe comes together really quickly because we are using melted butter so no mixer is needed. Just a mixing bowl and a whisk.
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Andes mint chocolate chips
Step by step instructions
Step 1: wet ingredients
- Simply melt butter and cool.
- Add both sugars and whisk until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
Step 2: dry ingredients
- Combine dry ingredients together and whisk.
- Add to the butter-sugar mixture and stir in with a wooden spatula.
- Add Andes chips and chocolate chips and stir in.
Step 3: baking
- Cover the bowl with dough and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop dough and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Add a few chips on top of every cookie and let cool.
To make the dough ahead, scoop ready dough into balls, place close together on a sheet and freeze. Place in a ziploc bag and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.
More cookies recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup Andes chocolate mint chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter in 10 second intervals until almost all melted, some pieces of butter should be visible. Place in a large mixing bowl and whisk until melted. If the butter is too warm, let cool.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to melted butter and whisk until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add egg and extracts and whisk until smooth. Make sure no egg white remains unmixed.
- Add dry ingredients and stir in with a wooden spatula. Add Andes chips and chocolate chips and stir in, just until incorporated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop ( 1,5 tablespoon size ), scoop cookie dough and place on prepared sheet, leaving about 2" space between them.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, but no longer.
- If desired, place few Andes chips and chocolate chips on top of each cookies. Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- To make ahead: scoop ready cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined sheet, placing them close together. Freeze. Place frozen cookie balls in a ziploc bag, make sure to squeeze out as much air as possible. Store in freezer for up to 1 month.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
This recipe was originally posted on November 29th, 2017 and updated on November 9th, 2019.
We loved these! Really liked that it was a chocolate cookie base! So good!
Thank you, Suzy!
Why does mint and chocolate just pair so well?!?! This is gonna be a hit at my cookie exchange and I bet no one else will be bringing this flavor!
It's my favorite! I hope they are a hit at the exchange!
Absolutely delicious!! I love mint and chocolate together and these cookies have a perfect flavor. Such an easy recipe too.
Krissy Allori says
I love mint and chocolate together. These are great cookies. I took some to a friend for her birthday and she loved them.
That's wonderful! Thank you, Krissy!
Delicious! Chocolate and mint, all I need is a cool glass of milk to make my cookie dreams come true!
Thank you, Betsy!
Loving the mint addition! They sound delish!
Thank you, Krista!
I could go for about 3 of these cookie right now!
OMG! We would love these cookies! Perfect flavor combor!
I love the chocolate mint combo. Definitely need to try these!
Michelle Goth says
Mint and chocolate is one of my all time favorite flavor combos!
Those little Andes mint chocolate chips are so good! I need to hide a small stash of these because I know my boys are going to devour them!!
Now I'm craving these, too!! They look perfectly soft and delicious 🙂