Ice Cream Pebbles Marshmallow Cereal Bars Recipe - a 3-ingredient rice krispies style treat made with Rainbow Sherbet Pebbles cereal! So fun to make and eat!
It's becoming a tradition for us to make cereal treats for holidays. Kids love them, they are easy to make and so much fun to eat! Usually, I will make them out of Rice Krispies cereal - a classic. I add colorful marshmallows or Peeps to give the bars a certain hue (depending on the holiday). Few weeks ago, while looking for rice cereal (and having and Easter theme in mind), I stumbled upon Ice Cream Pebbles from Post. You guys, cereal that tastes like ICE CREAM! #mindblown
The name and colors got me and a box landed in my shopping cart. I shared about this discovery on INSTAGRAM and you guys loved it too!
This bars taste like ice cream! Plus, toasted marshmallow. So toasted marshmallow ice cream - let's just settle on that. I'll take that any day!
Even though we made these bars for Easter, I can see us making them again through Spring and Summer. After all, ice cream just screams sunshine and outdoors! How fun would these bars be for a picnic or play date in the park or beach!
These cereal treats are soft, crunchy, gooey and thick. I made them in 8" square pan (your typical brownie pan) to get the thickness but you can definitely use a 13" x 9" pan and get more squares. I used Kraft's Jet Puffed Fun-Mallows mini marshmallows to make the "glue" and added whole marshmallows at the end to have them visible in my bars. I love that! My ratio of glue to marshmallows make these soft and gooey yet still crunchy.
I hope you guys make them and snap me a photo! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet on Insta so I can see them! 🙂
Ice Cream Pebbles Marshmallow Cereal Bars Recipe
- 5 cups Ice Cream Pebbles Rainbow Sorbet or rice krispies cereal
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz pkg mini marshmallows I used Fun-Mallows from Kraft
- Grease and line a 8" square baking pan OR 13" x 9" baking pan (see note) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Grease a large mixing bowl and a spatula. This will help prevent the mixture to stick to your bowl and spatula. Place cereal in greased bowl.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of mini marshmallows and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add mini marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over cereal and stir together with greased spatula. Add reserved marshmallows and stir in.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan. Smooth out the top.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours or until set.
- Cut and serve.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!