Ice Cream Pebbles Marshmallow Cereal Bars Recipe - a 3-ingredient rice krispies style treat made with Rainbow Sherbet Pebbles cereal! So fun to make and eat!
It's becoming a tradition for us to make cereal treats for holidays. Kids love them, they are easy to make and so much fun to eat! Usually, I will make them out of Rice Krispies cereal - a classic. I add colorful marshmallows or Peeps to give the bars a certain hue (depending on the holiday). Few weeks ago, while looking for rice cereal (and having and Easter theme in mind), I stumbled upon Ice Cream Pebbles from Post. You guys, cereal that tastes like ICE CREAM! #mindblown
The name and colors got me and a box landed in my shopping cart. I shared about this discovery on INSTAGRAM and you guys loved it too!
This bars taste like ice cream! Plus, toasted marshmallow. So toasted marshmallow ice cream - let's just settle on that. I'll take that any day!
Even though we made these bars for Easter, I can see us making them again through Spring and Summer. After all, ice cream just screams sunshine and outdoors! How fun would these bars be for a picnic or play date in the park or beach!
These cereal treats are soft, crunchy, gooey and thick. I made them in 8" square pan (your typical brownie pan) to get the thickness but you can definitely use a 13" x 9" pan and get more squares. I used Kraft's Jet Puffed Fun-Mallows mini marshmallows to make the "glue" and added whole marshmallows at the end to have them visible in my bars. I love that! My ratio of glue to marshmallows make these soft and gooey yet still crunchy.
I hope you guys make them and snap me a photo! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet on Insta so I can see them! 🙂
Ice Cream Pebbles Marshmallow Cereal Bars Recipe
- 5 cups Ice Cream Pebbles Rainbow Sorbet or rice krispies cereal
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz pkg mini marshmallows I used Fun-Mallows from Kraft
- Grease and line a 8" square baking pan OR 13" x 9" baking pan (see note) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Grease a large mixing bowl and a spatula. This will help prevent the mixture to stick to your bowl and spatula. Place cereal in greased bowl.
- Reserve ¾ cup of mini marshmallows and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add mini marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over cereal and stir together with greased spatula. Add reserved marshmallows and stir in.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan. Smooth out the top.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours or until set.
- Cut and serve.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Pumpkin Rice Krispies Bars Recipe
Peppermint Rice Krispies Bars Recipes
Ramona W says
These look fabulous... definitely something my kids will enjoy!! Hope you had a happy Easter. 🙂
Boy do these take me back to my childhood! I was just thinking how fun these would be for a summer birthday party!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
My kids will surely flip over these treats! I love how easy it is to make! Thank you for sharing!
And now I am going to have to look for this cereal the next time I am at the store! 🙂 How fun are these??
These are SO fun! My girl would love them!
These are amazing! I haven't seen these Ice Cream Pebbles, they are so colorful!
Fruity Pebbles was my favorite cereal growing up! My kids would love these!
What fun colors! Love how few ingredients there are to make these delicious treats 🙂