Funfetti Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Bars - sweet and delicious bars with funfetti cheesecake filling and sugar cookie crust and topping! Your new favorite bar dessert!
Sweet friends, I would like thank you for all the comments on my coffee cake post! Our daughter was AMAZING! The dance recital went absolutely perfect! I will be sharing more about it and some photos in a separate post soon.
Let's talk about these bars. Sweet and creamy cheesecake filling with sugar cookie crust and topping - my new version of my favorite sugar cookie recipe. Funfetti sprinkles are optional bu recommended. They make these bars perfect for a birthday party or any celebration or just to brighten up your day!
I am so obsessed with this cookie dough. It's so easy to make and bakes up perfectly. I just had to make into a bar. And what better bar than a cheesecake bar? Being a huge fan of cheesecake desserts, I was really looking forward to these bars. They came out perfectly! The filling is super creamy and the sugar cookie crust and topping is soft and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
I used this sugar cookie dough recipe. I pressed about 3/4 of the dough into the bottom of a 8" square pan. Then mix up the cheesecake filling (it is important not to over beat once the egg is added! ) and pour over the crust. Sprinkle with funfetti. Crumble the remaining cookie dough in your hands and place over the filling. Sprinkle even more funfetti if desired.
These bars are thick and if you do not overbake them, the center pieces are ooey gooey! So so good! You can try to bake them in a 13" x 9" pan (adjusting the baking time accordingly) but they will be half the height.
I hope you will give these bars a try! They are a perfect Sunday afternoon treat! And you can have one for a Monday morning breakfast. I approve. 🙂
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Funfetti Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Bars
!for the sugar cookie dough:
- 1/2 c unsalted butter softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.75 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup funfetti
!for the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz brick style cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup funfetti sprinkles
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
!to make the dough:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix for 5 seconds.
- Mix the dough until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the funfetti.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hour, preferably overnight.
!to make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add egg and mix on medium just until combined.
- Line a 8" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press 3/4 of the cookie dough onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 c funfetti.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough in your hands and place over the filling.
- Sprinkle additional 1 Tbsp of funfetti over the topping.
- Bake the bars for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool completely in the pan. The bars will fall while cooling.
- Cut and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
Enjoy, friends! Have a wonderful Sunday!