This Easy One Pan Lasagna is a quick and easy skillet version of everyone’s favorite dish. Made in just 30 minutes with Italian sausage, delicious sauce, lasagna noodles and topped with cheese!
EASY ONE PAN LASAGNA
This one pan lasagna couldn’t be easier to make. Thanks to oven-ready noodles, it really cooks fast. That’s my secret to it’s success! The sauce is a simple combination of crushed tomatoes, chicken or vegetable stock and Italian seasoning. The noodles will absorb as much liquid as they need and the rest will turn into a delicious tomato sauce. Use hot sausage for added kick to the dish or top with crushed red pepper flakes for the heat.
Quick and easy weeknight meal full of comfort goodness? Yes, please! I’ll take a big plate of this lasagna after a busy day or even for a low-key weekend meal. This dinner is always a big success with my family!
How to Make Lazy Lasagna in One Pan?
- Start by sauteeing garlic and shredded carrot in a deep skillet.
- Add sausage and cook until done.
- Add chicken stock, crushed tomatoes and broken up lasagna noodles. Make sure no pieces of noodles are stuck to each other.
- Bring the mixture to boil. Stir well.
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or so. Stir in spinach.
- When noodles are done, top the dish with mozzarella and spoonfuls of ricotta and Parmesan cheese mixture and cover with the lid. In just a few minutes, the cheese will melt into gooey deliciousness!
Note: The ricotta and Parmesan mixture is completely optional but highly recommended. In my opinion, there is no lasagna without ricotta!
Skillet Lasagna Ingredients:
- Italian sausage
- oven-ready lasagna noodles
- crushed tomatoes
- chicken or vegetable stock
- olive oil
- mozzarella cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh baby spinach
- Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
What to serve with lasagna?
Can I make this One Pan Lasagna Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can make this dish up to 2 days in advance. Keep it covered in the fridge, bring to room temperature. Bake in 350 degrees F oven until bubbly. Add cheese just before baking.
One Pan Lasagna Variations:
- vegetarian: add onions and mushrooms to make this dish meat-free.
- gluten-free: use GF lasagna noodles
- low-carb: skip noodles and use wide-cut zucchini strips
More Easy Pasta Recipes:
Best Vegetable Lasagna from Cookie and Kate
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! :D.
Quick and easy skillet version of everyone's favorite dish. Made in just 30 minutes with Italian sausage, delicious sauce, lasagna noodles and topped with cheese!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium carrot shredded (or 5 baby carrots, shredded)
- 4 Italian sausage links casings removed
- 1 and 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock see note
- 1 and 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
Heat up oil in pan. Add garlic and shredded carrots. Saute until fragrant.
Add sausage links. Cook, breaking it apart, until done.
Add stock, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and broken up lasagna noodles. Stir well. Bring mixture to boil. Lower heat to simmer, cover pan with lid and cook for about 15 minutes OR until the noodles are done. Stir few times.
Add spinach, stir well. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix together ricotta and Parmesan cheese and drop spoonfuls on top of mozzarella. Cover dish and let stand until cheese is melted.
Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes, more Parmesan, chopped parsley or basil and serve.
If you do not have chicken or vegetable stock on hand, use water and add 2 small or 1 large chicken bouillon cube.
This post was originally published on March 3rd, 2017 and updated on May 28th, 2019.