Stuffed Pasta Shells – rich and hearty pasta dish that’s easy to make! Jumbo pasta shells filled with creamy ricotta and spinach filling topped with more cheese and baked on top of hearty red sauce.
Cheese and pasta are one of my favorite comfort food combos. We have it in our weekly menu rotation and if we ever get bored with it, all I need to do is jazz it up a little bit! Like stuff jumbo pasta shells with creamy ricotta and spinach filling and bake it all on a bed of hearty pasta sauce. YES! Thumbs up from the whole family! Today I am partnering with RAGÚ to tell you about their newest line of Homestyle sauces because when it comes to quick, easy and delicious pasta dishes – a good red sauce is a must!
- jumbo pasta shells
- crushed tomatoes or pasta sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Make the filling by mixing ricotta, egg, mozzarella, garlic, Italian seasoning, and spinach in a bowl.
- Fill each pasta shell with filling.
- Spread the sauce on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Arrange filled pasta shells in sauce.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
You can make this dish up to 2 days in advance. Store it in the fridge and let it come to room temperature while the oven preheats.
Yes! Once prepared, place the dish in a freezer-safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge, then bake until bubbly.
More pasta dinners:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Pasta Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
These Stuffed Pasta Shells are rich and hearty and so easy to make! Jumbo pasta shells filled with creamy ricotta and spinach filling baked with more cheese on top of hearty red sauce.
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 15 oz. whole-milk ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 cup fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella for topping
- chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta shells according to instructions on the package. Drain, keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pasta sauce on the bottom of 13" x 9" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, garlic, seasoning, salt, pepper and chopped spinach.
- Fill each pasta shell with cheese filling and arrange in the sauce.
- Sprinkle additional mozzarella cheese over each shell.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling on the edges.
- Let sit for 10 minutes in room temperature before serving.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.