Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Sea Salt are the perfect treat for chocolate lovers! These cookies are rich, fudgy and so easy to make!
CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIES
These cookies are for true chocolate lovers. There is a reason why this recipe makes only about 2 dozen cookies. They are addicting and so satisfying! There is no creaming butter with sugar, no complicated ingredients. It all happens in one saucepan and before you know it - you have perfectly gooey and utterly chocolatey cookies sitting in front of you.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIES?
You melt the butter, add cocoa powder and the rest of the ingredients and mix it all up. It is recommended to chill the dough for 30 minutes for puffier cookies but if you can't wait - bake 4 or 5 cookies while the rest of the dough is chilling. After 8 minutes in the oven, you will have these little gems tempting you with their fragrance and looks.
MORE CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPES:
CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIES WITH SEA SALT RECIPE:
Chocolate Fudge Cookies with Sea Salt
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 7 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅔ c granulated sugar
- ⅓ c packed brown sugar
- ⅓ c plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat. Stir in cocoa powder and both sugars. The mixture will be very grainy and thick.
- Add yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients with chocolate chips, stir until all is moistened and there is no streaks of flour in the dough. Do not over mix. You can refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes ( or up to 2 days ) for puffier cookies.
- Drop by tablespoons onto prepared sheet. Sprinkle each ball of dough with sea salt. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes ( 9 was the magic number for me ). Cool 2 minutes on the sheet, then gently transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.