Double Chocolate M&M Cookies Recipe - soft and chewy pudding cookies packed with cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and bright red and pink M&M's! Make a batch and bake it - all in 30 minutes!
I am back with another "brighten your day" and "celebrate the holiday" recipe. We are talking soft and chewy chocolate cookies filled with two kinds of chocolate chips and bright red and pink M&M's candy. I just can't stop with fun treats recently! We might make an occasional stop for a super easy and delicious dinner recipe (have you seen our latest one? It's so good!) but as I said before, my mind is on Valentine's Day and all things pink and cute! Besides, bright M&M's are sure to make anyone smile!
Every cookie maker has it's favorite chocolate chips that they use in their cookies. If you are looking for a good brand, let me recommend you the Aldi's brand. I know! Shocking! I have been using their chocolate chips (all of them) in my cookies and bars for a while and I love them! They are inexpensive which means I always grab more than one bag and the way they melt - perfection! They stay gooey for as long as the cookie is warm. They do not seize like other store brands tend to but instead melt perfectly yet keep their shape. Just look at the photos!
The base for these cookies is my favorite. It's a foolproof recipe for soft and chewy cookies that doesn't need to be chilled. Just make and bake! That's why I love it! I use pudding mix in my cookies that makes them soft and chewy yet not at all cakey. Since this time I wanted chocolate cookie through and through, I used a chocolate pudding mix. I also added cocoa powder and reduced the flour just a little bit. The result: perfect chocolate cookie!
Also, this recipe does not require chilling the dough prior to baking. I compared batches baked fresh and baked after chilling and didn't notice a difference. The latter ones may be a tiny bit thicker but both are soft and chewy and thick. Just like we love them!
Double Chocolate M&M Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature, 1 stick
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3.5 oz chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup red and pink M&M's candy
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, like Silpat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, cocoa powder soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter sugar mixture and mix with an electric mixer until almost incorporated. Switch to a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon, add semi-sweet chocolate chips and M&M's (reserving the white chocolate and some of semi-sweet and M&M's) and stir in until well mixed.
- Scoop the cookie dough with a medium (1 and 1/2 tablespoon) cookie scoop. Roll into balls and place on prepared cookie sheet, spacing them 2" apart.
- Press reserved chocolate chips and M&M's onto the balls.
- Bake cookies for 9 to 11 minutes (10 minutes was the magic number for me). Cool for 2 minutes on the sheet, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!