Spicy Chocolate Cookies - chewy cookies with cocoa powder and pepper! Perfect sweet and spicy balance!
SPICY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Chocolate cookies with a kick. Trust me, these are crazy good! Chewy and soft. Kept in a cookie jar, they stay that way for at least three days. If they last that long, that is. 🙂 The sweet chocolate flavor is followed by the spicy pepper. Perfect sweet and spicy balance! They will make a fabulous pair with a cup of hot chocolate or peppermint tea. Turn on your favorite Christmas movie on and enjoy this season! That's my plans, anyway. 🙂
MORE CHOCOLATE COOKIES RECIPES:
Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies
SPICY CHOCOLATE COOKIES RECIPE:
Spicy Chocolate Cookies recipe
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ c brown sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 3 oz . unsweetened coca powder ¼ c + 1 Tbsp
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil or silpat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and ground red pepper ).
- To the butter mixture, add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the dough onto prepared sheet, spacing them 2" apart from each other.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
Awww, thank you so much, Emily!
Savory Simple says
Everything is good with a bit of heat!
Yes, indeed 🙂 Thanks, Jen!
Averie Cooks says
Awesome looking recipe and I baked some choc cookies for a recipe next week and have been such a fan of good old-fashioned chocolate cookies lately. Great job on these!
Thanks so much, Averie 🙂
Curry and Comfort says
Mmmm... spicy cookies.... I'm sold!!
Yay! Thanks, Ramona 🙂
Terry Duncan says
Love the spicy-sweet combo!
the wicked noodle says
Oh man, these are right up my alley! I'm in love with that spicy/sweet combo - in desserts, entrees, cocktails - you name it! Another great recipe for me to try!
Yay! Thank you, Kristy!