Spicy Chocolate Cookies – chewy cookies with cocoa powder and pepper! Perfect sweet and spicy balance!
SPICY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Chocolate cookies with a kick. Trust me, these are crazy good! Chewy and soft. Kept in a cookie jar, they stay that way for at least three days. If they last that long, that is. 🙂 The sweet chocolate flavor is followed by the spicy pepper. Perfect sweet and spicy balance! They will make a fabulous pair with a cup of hot chocolate or peppermint tea. Turn on your favorite Christmas movie on and enjoy this season! That’s my plans, anyway. 🙂
MORE CHOCOLATE COOKIES RECIPES:
SPICY CHOCOLATE COOKIES RECIPE:
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 3 oz . unsweetened coca powder 1/4 c + 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground red pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil or silpat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and ground red pepper ).
- To the butter mixture, add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Scoop the dough onto prepared sheet, spacing them 2" apart from each other.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.