Bacon Mushroom Chicken Alfredo Recipe – creamy pasta that couldn’t be easier to make! Bacon, mushrooms, chicken and garlicky Parmesan Alfredo sauce with fettuccine will make it your new favorite.
Let’s take a break from salads and detox soups and make some cozy food. Creamy pasta with bacon, mushrooms and chicken that the whole family will love. Dinner on the table in 20 minutes – yes, please!
You may already know that I (and my Hubby is right there with me) absolutely love Alfredo pasta. So much in fact, that I’ve learned how to make it at home and, if I can be honest, it’s even better than the restaurant one.
I simplified the recipe and made it fool-proof without sacrificing the flavor. It’s creamy, garlicky and has a perfect dose of Parmesan cheese. I often make a jar of it a day ahead and save on time.
This chicken Alfredo is taken to another level with the addition of bacon (hello! How could you say no!) and mushrooms. I love it! In fact, I have this dish in our weekly routine. Sometimes, I will add fresh spinach or artichokes or red and yellow peppers in place of mushrooms. You can play with this recipe, which makes it even better. Need to skip chicken? Add white beans instead! Add fresh lemon zest for a pop of flavor. So good!
This recipe is perfect for those days when you are not sure what to make for dinner, you didn’t plan or your plans changed and everyone is craving comfort food. Creamy Alfredo will never fail! My family is always happy to have it for dinner. Served with crusty bread or our famous Easy Garlic Bread and a Caesar salad and you have a filling and delicious meal that didn’t take much work at all.
This dish is also perfect to serve for date nights, for special guests or make for friends and family in need of a home cooked meal (new moms, or those who are recovering from illness) or simply made just because.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
CLICK HERE TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK.
Recipe: Crunchy Creamy Sweet blog original
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 chicken bouillion cube
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. Drain, keep warm.
In a large deep pan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Drain most of the bacon grease from pan. Add one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken pieces, salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 7 to 9 minutes. Stir often, keep loosely covered most of the time.
- Add mushrooms to chicken in pan. Cook until soft, stirring often. Add chicken bouillion cube and water. Stir until cube dissolves.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together half and half, cornstarch, Parmesan and oregano. Whisk well. Add to pan. Bring to boil, lower the heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Crumble or chop bacon. Add pasta and bacon and stir to coat with sauce.
Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀