Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe – creamy and chunky soup that tastes like chicken pot pie filling but without the hassle of making a whole pie. Serve with a side of fluffy drop biscuits for a quick and filling week night dinner your whole family will love!
Busy moms love shortcuts. We also love making delicious and filling meals for our families. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe combines the two and instantly became a winner in our house. It’s my favorite part of the pie without making the crust and than hoping that the bottom is not soggy and uncooked. This soup is easy, fool-proof and absolutely fantastic!
Besides it’s soup season and the chilly winter days make me crave a big bowl of steaming hot soup loaded with veggies and meat!
I am teaming up with College Inn and using their chicken broth in this recipe. I always recommend using broth in recipes more than stock because it’s richer in flavor. College Inn chicken broth tastes like it’s homemade and I absolutely love it in this dish. I used the fat-free and lower sodium broth to make this soup healthier. Perfect to kick off the year on a healthy note!
This soup is filled with vegetables and chicken and cooks in just 30 minutes. For even shorter prep time, you can chop the veggies and store together in a freezer bag and use cooked chicken. I served this soup with my favorite drop biscuits that always come out fluffy and delicious.
Comfort food at it’s best, even if it only took 30 minutes to make it.
Creamy and hearty soup for chilly winter days. Loaded with vegetables and chicken and best served with biscuits.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup baby carrots diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 3 white mushrooms washed, sliced
- 2 cups College Inn chicken broth
- 1 cups whole milk or half and half
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour OR 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add chicken and cook over medium heat stirring often, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken onto a plate and set aside.
- To the pot, add onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until onion is almost translucent.
- Add potatoes, celery and carrots and stir all vegetables together.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, chicken broth, flour (or cornstarch) and Italian seasoning. Add to pot with vegetables. Stir together. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Cook until potatoes and carrots are soft, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add peas and cooked chicken and stir together.
- Serve with fluffy drop biscuits.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn Broth . The opinions and text are all mine.