Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – one of my favorite ice cream recipes! It’s so simple since the base requires only 2 ingredients and so refreshing thanks to the peppermint extract!
Refreshing ice cream made with just 4 ingredients? YES, please! Especially on a hot summer day.
This sweet, creamy and refreshing ice cream with semi-sweet chocolate chips throughout is feeding my obsession with the 2-ingredient ice cream recipe. It just couldn’t be easier. In fact, I started making the base and then dividing it into a few containers and adding different mix-ins. One base + many flavor choices = win!
This flavor combo is one of my Hubby’s favorite. He claimed the box of Oreo Thins Mint for himself and the box is almost empty! In fact, he crushed a few and stirred in to the ice cream. Highly recommended!
Being that there are five people in our house, and everyone has their own favorite ice cream flavor, the heavy cream-condensed milk ice cream is a life-saver. I can quickly whip up 5 different flavors! Of course, there are days when I can’t decide on just one. Having different ice cream in one bowl is the answer and another reason to love this recipe!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - one of my favorite ice cream recipes! It's so simple since the base requires only 2 ingredients and so refreshing thanks to the peppermint extract!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream well chilled
- 1 oz can sweetened condensed milk chilled, 14 .
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or more adjust to taste)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips of mint-filled chocolate morsels I used both
- 1 to 2 drops of green food coloring (optional just for color)
- Place chilled cream in a large mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/4 cup of condensed milk and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Add half of remaining milk and fold in. Add the rest of milk, peppermint extract and food coloring (if using) and fold in until no streaks of milk are visible. Add chocolate chips and stir in.
- Pour the mixture into a 9"x 5" loaf pan.
- Cover the loaf pan with saran wrap and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy!
Grab the ingredients and make this ice cream! Snap a photo and share it on Instagram! Tag me #crunchycreamysweet so I can see it!