Vanilla Sugar Cookie Dough Ice Cream - super easy homemade ice cream with bits of vanilla sugar cookie dough stirred right in!
What does a baker do in summer? Except, going crazy because you are not supposed to turn the oven on. Even though you are craving that banana bread like crazy. And brownies. And muffins.
You make ice cream.
Fantastic vanilla ice cream that does not require cooking a custard because there are no eggs involved in this treat. I will keep my eggs for the bread and muffins.
Then you take that ice cream and stop yourself from spooning the whole thing right into your mouth, but instead you stir in bits of your favorite funfetti sugar cookie dough (that you can't bake) right in. And then you blog about it.
Because you love to share your crazy sweet treat ideas.
Because you love to spread a little bit of sweet deliciousness into other people's lives.
Sweet vanilla ice cream with chunks of sugar cookie dough and sprinkles. Two treats in one!
Vanilla Sugar Cookie Dough Ice Cream
!for the cookie dough:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter , softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup funfetti (sprinkles)
!for the ice cream:
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cups half and half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and whip until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix for 5 seconds.
- Add all of the dry ingredients at once and mix on medium speed just until incorporated.
- Place the cookie dough into a medium bowl, cover and chill while you make ice cream.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, half and half and heavy whipping cream until well mixed. Add vanilla and whisk well.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturers direction.
- During the last 5 minutes of churning, drop small bits of the cookie dough into the ice cream.
- You can also stir them in along with more sprinkles after the churning is done. The ice cream will be soft serve consistency.
- Scrape the ice cream mixture into a container, cover and chill for at least 4 hours (preferably 8 hours to overnight) for more scoop-able consistency.
Other ice cream I made in this machine:
I also tried my Whipped Milk Ice Cream in the ice cream maker and it cut down on time significantly.
I'd make vanilla with a vanilla bean.
G B says
coffee ice cream! My absolute favorite!
Definitely cookie dough ice cream
Dawn Lloyd says
I would make strawberry with fresh strawberries
Laura Ari says
I would make strawberry and blueberry ice cream!
nataly carbonell says
I will make lemon ice cream with cookies
I would start with either vanilla or chocolate,but definitely will be making mint chocolate chip,strawberry and banana-our favorites.
This is such a fun flavor! I'd definitely want to try this recipe - vanilla sugar cookie dough out! Thanks for such a fun giveaway 🙂
I would make peach ice cream for my husband. It's his favorite.
Anna! This ice cream looks so good! I love cookie dough ice creams, but this sugar cookie dough one looks extra amazing, I will definitely be making it very soon since oven it isn't oven season.
Easy S'mores ice cream would definitely be at the top of my list!
Cinya L. says
Caramel Iced cofffee ice cream!
J Rios says
Holy smokes if I won this, things might get out of control!! I LOVE
I've been hankering for an ice cream maker so I can make some frozen mango sorbet! Thanks for the opportunity. Your coffee caramel ice cream looks too dangerous to make, I think I'd hide in a closet and pig-out 😉
Heidi Bahlmann says
Maple ice cream. That sounds really good right now.
I would love to make a "flavored" ice cream. I always make vanilla. While I LOVE vanilla, I would love to try chocolate or a coffee ice cream!
Caroline Hurley says
I would love to make coffee ice cream with bits of dark chocolate!
I would make butter mint ice cream!
I can not wait to make this in my ice cream machine! Sounds like heaven!! 🙂
Thomas Murphy says
I would make strawberry ice cream.
Jamie Higgins says
I need to make this kind. I love cookie dough ice cream but have never thought of doing just sugar cookie dough, yum!
I would love to make chocolate ice cream
What a great flavor combo! Love it!
Denise L says
I'd make Strawberry ice cream first...then dark chocolate!
Wen Budro says
Oh man....I've been dying to make my own S'mores ice cream....double yum.
Angie Norman says
I wanna make the s'mores!! (:
The vanilla sugar cookie ice cream looks great!! I would start with that for sure.
Jennie @themessybakerblog says
It might be too hot to turn on the oven, but it's never too hot to churn some ice cream. Love this recipe. Pinned.
theresa krier says
mmm, i would make vanilla bean so i could add any fresh fruits as toppings. thanks so much!
Your ice cream looks delicious! I would make cookies and cream ice cream!
You can't go wrong with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. That would be my first batch.
Katerina Petrovska says
OH WOW! Come to mah belly!!! I LOVE your ice cream creations!!
I would start with vanilla then it would depend on what fruit was the best at the time.
Kitty Iecvan says
I would make some chocolate fudge ice cream!
I would make Peach Ice Cream for my Brother's BD coming up. He loves it.
The Caramel Iced Coffee Ice Cream looks delicious. That would be the first thing I'd have to make if I were to win the ice cream machine. I may have to find a way make it without one.
I would make vanilla to begin with. If I had an ice cream machine I would like to experiment with different kinds.
Robin Wilson says
I would make Peach Ice Cream! It brings back great childhood memories!