Easy S’Mores Ice Cream – easy ice cream with toasted marshmallows, bits of graham crackers and swirls of chocolate fudge sauce! You will go crazy for this ice cream!
The first day of Summer is this weekend. If there is one thing that says summer its s’mores! We LOVE s’mores! I always have the big marshmallows in my cupboard and as soon as my Hubby fires up the grill – I try to sneak in and toast some marshmallows to sandwich them the ooey-gooey way between chocolate and graham crackers.
I have to say, I like my marshmallows almost charred. There is nothing like the smoky taste of toasted marshmallows. Love it!!! Besides the melted chocolate (I will always take chocolate first over anything else), the gooey marshmallow is my favorite part of s’mores!
As I have been obsessed with my new ice cream maker from Hamilton Beach (review and giveaway coming next week so stay tuned!!), I knew I wanted to combine summer’s two favorite treats and make S’Mores Ice cream. With the toasted marshmallow churned in.
So we have easy creamy ice cream (eggs-free), pieces of graham crackers, toasted marshmallows and chocolate. I was trying to decide between chunks of chocolate churned into the ice cream or my very favorite and fool-proof fudge ice cream sauce. I went with the latter but feel free to go with chunks of chocolate.
- 2 c half and half found in the refrigerated coffee creamer section
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- 3/4 c pieces of broken graham crackers
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c unsalted butter
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix brown sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook butter and milk until it starts to bubble ( about 5 min on medium heat).
- Add cocoa mixture. Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, cook for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes. It will thicken.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Reheat for 10 seconds in microwave before using.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together half and half, cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, place the mini marshmallows on a parchment paper lined large baking sheet and toast under the broiler until nicely browned. Watch them because as soon as they start to brown they can burn quickly!
- Let cool until safe to the touch.
- Remove the marshmallows from the sheet into a measuring cup or small bowl. It's a little messy but a delicious task.
- Get your ice cream maker ready.
- Pour the cream mixture into the ice cream maker and turn it on.
- As soon as you see that the mixture starts to freeze and thicken, add the marshmallows and graham cracker pieces. Finish churning.
- Place the ice cream mixture in a container. Drizzle about 4 tablespoons of the fudge sauce over the top of the ice cream. Swirl with a spoon.
- Freeze the ice cream for about 1 to 1,5 hours.
- Serve with additional fudge sauce.
This ice cream was a huge hit! The whole family loves it and it disappeared so fast, I was lucky to actually take photos! 🙂
Let’s celebrate summer with S’Mores Ice Cream! Enjoy, friends!!