Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream – no-churn homemade ice cream recipe with a 2-ingredient vanilla base, cherry preserves swirl and dark chocolate chunks!
The two-ingredient ice cream recipe is rocking the web right now. And rightly so! The fact that you can whip cream and stir in sweetened condensed milk to it is already a great idea in my book. But freezing it into ice cream that is scoop-able, absolutely delicious and does not require a machine for churning – now, that’s right down genius.
You may remember my Whipped Milk Ice Cream recipe from two years ago. Last year, I made a few variations of it and absolutely loved all of them. This year, I am giving the cream and condensed milk combo a try! I’ve been experimenting with this ice cream base for the past two weeks and let me just say, you would not have a problem finding ice cream in our freezer these days. Actually, I am short on containers because I keep making new flavors!
Aside from peaches, the next of my favorite summer fruits are cherries. They are not in full swing season yet (I am patiently waiting!) but the craving is already there. So I grabbed my last jar of Bonne Maman cherry preserves from this project and decided to swirl it into the ice cream. Best.idea.ever. Especially, since the preserves have chunks of cherries in them!
Dark chocolate chunks was the next thing that found it’s place in the mixture and officially made me obsessed with this dessert. Cherry preserves swirl and dark chocolate chunks in a two-ingredient no-churn vanilla ice cream base – do I need to say more?
Maybe just one more thing: make this ice cream and bring to your next potluck, get-together or picnic and you will get a ton of request for the recipe!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream well chilled
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk chilled,
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cherry preserves
- 1 dark chocolate bar chopped into chunks
- Place chilled cream in a large mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add 1/4 cup of condensed milk and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Add half of remaining milk and fold in. Add the rest of milk and vanilla and fold in until no streaks of milk are visible.
- Pour the mixture into a 9"x 5" loaf pan. Drop tablespoons of preserves and all of chocolate chunks and swirl it in.
- Cover the loaf pan with saran wrap and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
- Scoop and enjoy!
Grab the ingredients and make this ice cream! Snap a photo and share it on Instagram! Tag me #crunchycreamysweet so I can see it!