Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix recipe – a handful of ingredients mixed in a blender make this homemade hot chocolate mix irresistible! Our whole family loves it!
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
Forget the store-bought packets and make this quick and easy hot chocolate mix right in your kitchen! Homemade mix is so much better and quite fun to make. After the success of my Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer and my Cinnamon Roll Coffee Creamer, I wanted to make a hot cocoa mix for the whole family. Best idea ever!
All you need to make this sweet mix is milk powder or coffee creamer, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa and salt. Store it in a tall jar and use when the craving for a hot mug of cocoa strikes. Use it to make my Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate for a real treat!
HOW TO MAKE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX?
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until it has a texture of fine powder.
- Transfer into a tall jar with lid.
- Use 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mix with 8 to 10 ounces of milk or water.
Transfer the mix into jars with lids and use this season. It’s also a great gift idea for family and friends for this holiday season!
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX RECIPE VIDEO:
MORE HOMEMADE DRINK RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX RECIPE:
- 1 c nonfat dry milk powder or non dairy coffee creamer
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for 7 seconds or until the ingredients and well blended, especially the chocolate.
- Transfer into a jar with lid.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the mix in the bottom of a 12oz. mug. Fill up with heated up milk. Serve.
Recipe adapted from America's Test Kitchen DIY Cookbook