1-Minute Instant Pot Quinoa Recipe – the fastest way to cook perfectly fluffy quinoa in your pressure cooker! A great time-saver for meal prep or busy weeknights.
Serve this quinoa with Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Salad or use in any recipe in place of rice.
I am so so excited to share this recipe (or how-to really) with you! It is a huge time-saver for me and I hope it will be for you too. You can cook perfectly fluffy quinoa in your pressure cooker without tending to it, stirring, watching it. Just set it and forget it! All thanks to the wonderful digital pressure cooker, my Instant Pot.
This amazing 1-Minute Quinoa cooked in digital pressure cooker, like Instant Pot, is a true time saver for me. Whether you need quinoa as a side dish or need a batch for your meal prep of lunches or dinners, this is a fail-proof and the fastest way to cook it.
How to cook quinoa in the Instant Pot?
- Place the needed amount of dry quinoa in the stainless steel insert of your digital pressure cooker. Add twice as much water. Cover with lid, set the valve to “sealing” position and adjust timer to 1 minute.
- That’s it! The Instant Pot will come to pressure quite quickly (about 3 to 4 minutes) and cook even faster. When done, the pressure cooker will beep. Press the “cancel/off” button, do not let the pressure out but leave the IP for 3 to 4 minutes. Then release pressure by switching the valve to “venting” position. Carefully open the lid away from your face. The quinoa should absorb the whole amount of water so no liquid should be visible. Stir quinoa. It should be perfectly cooked and fluffy.
The ratio to remember here is 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. For example, if you are cooking 1 cup of quinoa, you need to add 2 cups of water. And so on. You will have 3 times as much quinoa after cooking. So one cup will make 3 cups of cooked quinoa.
Recipes with quinoa:
- use in tacos instead of ground meat
- add to soups and salads
- use instead of rice in my Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls
- add a handful of ingredients and make my Instant Pot Mexican Quinoa
More Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Fluffy Rice
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Instant Pot Risotto
- Instant Pot Yogurt
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance!
The fastest way to cook perfectly fluffy quinoa in your pressure cooker! Great time-saver for meal prep or busy weeknights.
- Place quinoa and water in the stainless steel insert of your Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the valve to "sealing" position.
- Press "manual" and adjust timer to 1 minutes.
- The pressure cooker will beep shortly and start coming to pressure. It takes only a few minutes.
- Once done, the Instant Pot will beep again. Press "cancel/off" button. Do not release pressure.
- Let the Instant Pot release pressure naturally for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then switch valve to "venting" position and release pressure.
- Carefully open lid away from your face. The liquid should be absorbed completely by quinoa. Stir quinoa. It should be fluffy.
One cup of dry quinoa makes 3 cups of cooked quinoa.