Fluffy Pumpkin Donut Muffins coated in Cinnamon Sugar to welcome the fall season!
That’s the word that keeps coming to me when I look at these muffins. And because the Fall is finally officially here (!!!), they are the perfect treat for the chilly mornings or cool afternoons.
Have you pulled out your fall sweaters yet? And the plaid throws? I sure did! They are all part of enjoying fall for us. These muffins are now too. Along a steaming mug of my favorite latte.
They are so easy to make. You can whip them up the evening before and in the morning dunk them in melted butter and coat with cinnamon sugar.
Perfect Fall muffins. It’s their second name.
So let’s enjoy the fall, be cozy and eat pumpkin donut muffins!
- 1/2 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c and 2/3 all-purpose flour
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 c unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease muffin pan (cavities and the top). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat oil and both sugars until combined.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and milk.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour to the batter, alternating with milk and pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon batter into the pan, filling almost all the way to the top.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pan for 2 minutes.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- In another small mixing bowl, melt the butter.
- Dunk each muffin, top down, in the melted butter. Let the excess drip off back to the bowl.
- Roll the top of muffin in cinnamon sugar.
- Set the muffin back on the cooling rack.
- Repeat with each muffin.