Lemon Bundt Cake

lemon bundt cake 1 Lemon Bundt Cake

I suggest you pull out the eggs and butter and let them sit on your counter because by the time you are done reading this post (yes, I am assuming you actually read my posts ;)) you will need your ingredients at room temperature to make this cake. Because you will want to make this cake. I am telling you right now. It is that good!

And then make sure you remember to make it for Easter. With it’s fresh lemony flavor and gorgeous appearance it is sure to be a star on your holiday table.

Case in point.

lemon bundt cake 2 Lemon Bundt Cake

Nothing like gorgeous sunny and bright lemons to cheer you up on these drury and long last Winter days. And it works because birds were chirping and the sun came out when I was taking these photos. Totally got me in the mood for Spring. And even more anxious for it.

lemon bunt cake collage 1024x953 Lemon Bundt Cake

After these Lemon Burst Cookies, I knew I wasn’t done with lemon desserts. They make you happy just by looking at them and apparently you guys agree with me, judging on the comments and popularity on Pinterest. (btw, thank you so much for all the pins!!!)

lemon bundt cake 5 Lemon Bundt Cake

I received this bundt pan for Christmas and was really looking forward to using it. I just  needed a good occasion and a great recipe. And here it is.

I love the design. A Simple yet striking cake. Add the glaze and you have a perfect dessert for a celebration or holidays.

lemon bundt cake 4 Lemon Bundt Cake

As Winter is starting to exit our Midwest prairies, I seem to transition from peppermint to lemon tea. I have to say, it really became my afternoon routine. I make a steaming mug of it and enjoy it while I bake or watch reruns of “Brother’s and Sisters” on Netflix. ( So happy they have it, btw!!!)

lemon bundt cake 8 Lemon Bundt Cake

This cake is based on a simple buttermilk cake batter. I added a zest from the whole lemon (it’s a big cake after all) and topped it with a lemon glaze. Citrus flavor all the way! While the glaze is actually more tarty than sweet (some glazes taste too sweet to me), the cake is not overwhelming in flavor. In my opinion, the two complement each other really well. The crumb is light, the outside slightly crunchy.

lemon bundt cake 9 1024x705 Lemon Bundt Cake

For the recipe and instructions, please click the button below.

Recipe button 1 Lemon Bundt Cake

lemon bundt cake 11 Lemon Bundt Cake

Are you ready for Spring?

If you make one of my recipes, tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweetrecipes  I would love to see what’s happening in your kitchen! See you there!

1. grandbabycakes says

This is seriously such a gorgeous cake! Who doesn’t love lemon flavored anything this time of year!!

2. cathy pollak @ Noble Pig says

This is one gorgeaous cake and I am a sucker for lemon anything when it comes to sweets!!

3. says

Wow, what a beautiful bundt cake! (I need to find that pan mold!) Now if only I had some lemons to go with the butter and eggs I just pulled from the fridge…

4. marcie @ flavor the moments says

Your cake is beautiful! I have a lot of lemon on my mind, thanks to your lemon burst cookies and now this cake!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

So happy to hear that :) I hope you don’t mind my citrus temptations! Thanks, Marcie :)

5. Holly says

Oh so pretty! You have mastered the art of overhead shots, not to mention how to cook a perfect cake! I love lemon cakes.

6. Anita at Hungry Couple says

Absolutely stunning. And, you’re right that I now want to make this ASAP. :)

7. curryandcomfort says

If a bundt cake could look sexy… this one does it. :) Wow.. I love how the icing just drapes down the cake. Gorgeous. :)

8. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen says

I like the bright colored pics Anna! I need to get some beautiful patterned bundt cakes like this one. Lemon always brights up the table!

9. says

That bunt pan is a beauty. What a pretty cake! I would love a slice of lemon bundt cake with my tea. I am going to have to do something about that soon. :)

10. Kate | Food Babbles says

This buddy is GORGEOUS!! Are you totally in love with that pan? I got the same one for Christmas and it quickly became my very favorite. And this cake looks like it could quickly become my favorite! So bright, cheerful and I bet the lemon flavor was amazing. Lovely!

11. says

I love lemon anything, so I’m getting ready to make this :-) But I’m curious…the directions tell me how to make a cup and a half of sour milk, but the recipe only calls for a cup. Can I only make a cup of sour milk (or use a cup of buttermilk) or do I need the other half cup for the recipe?

• CrunchyCreamySw says

You are right, Char. All you need is 1 cup of buttermilk or sour milk. Thanks for catching that and let me know how you like the cake! Thanks so much!

12. Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe says

Goodness, you sure are delivering fabulous recipes lately Anna. I am a big lemon lover and this might just be the most beautiful lemon bundt cake that I’ve ever seen! My family always asks me to bring dessert to Easter dinner, and I think this cake might have to make an appearance. My bundt pan isn’t quite as pretty as yours, but I think it’ll do!

13. Nancy says

My husband LOOOOOVES lemon flavoured desserts so this would be a huge hit at my house. I covet your bundt pan – I’ve been wanting to stock up on Nordicware’s gorgeous pans but I have no room to store them ;( Someday I’ll have a house and it’ll be filled with bakeware!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

I hear ya! My kitchen is in a serious need of organization with all the bakeware. Thank you, Nancy!

14. Jamie says

Your cake looks beautiful! I was wondering, how do you think this cake would be if I added a vanilla bean to the batter? Too much? I was thinking a lemony-vanilla cake sounds amazing but I like this recipe..

• CrunchyCreamySw says

Hi Jamie! Thank you so much for the question. I like the way you are thinking. I think it would be fabulous to add vanilla bean to the batter. But then again I like vanilla. :) And it would be better than increasing vanilla extract. Let me know how it turns out! I would love to hear!

Have a wonderful day!

• Jamie says

Thank you for your quick reply! I am going to make it for our Easter party this weekend- exactly as your recipe calls + one delectable vanilla bean. I will definitely let you know how it turns out! :)

• CrunchyCreamySw says

I will be making it too for our Easter get-together! How fun! Thanks, Jamie!

15. CrunchyCreamySw says

Hi Darija! I am so glad you want to make the cake! It’s one of my favorites! If you want to substitute the lemon juice for the extract, I am afraid it’s not as potent. Just skip the extract and maybe add more lemon zest. Also, the butter should be softened to room temperature (not melted) before creaming it with sugar. Hope this helps! Let me know how the cake turns out! Thank you!